Research Dollars in Mind, Oklahoma Mulls Selling Grand River Dam Agency
- Getting ready for water and electricity. // Accountancy;Sep89, Vol. 104 Issue 1153, p32
Reports on the privatization of water and electric utilities in Great Britain. Proportion of the industry to be sold to investors; Package of economic measures announced by the government to promote privatization efforts; Impact of privatization on water and electric utilities.
- Private profits, public good. // Caribbean Business;12/17/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p23
Editorial. Discusses the privatization of public utilities in Puerto Rico. Public utilities which will be privatized; Benefits of privatization; Results of the privatization.
- Privatization suspended. // Modern Power Systems;Jul94, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p7
Reports on Hungarian state holding company AV's postponement of privatization of power plants and regional distribution companies in the face of stiff opposition from national utility MVM and the outgoing government. AV's hope of gaining approval for its plan to sell 50 percent of MVM; MVM's...
- The private history of public utilities. Babb, Jeffrey; Harrison, Richard // IPA Review;1996, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p52
Looks at the privatization of public utilities in Australia. Historical background on privatization in Australia; Advocates and opponents to privatization.
- Greenbury gets tough on privatised utilities. // Public Finance;07/21/95, p4
Focuses on the criticism of the Greenbury report for privatized utilities in Great Britain. Reason for forming the Greenbury committee; Rewards enjoyed by publicly-owned companies; Insensitivity of some remuneration committees to the opinion of company stakeholders.
- Leader. // Public Finance;07/21/95, p6
Focuses on the Greenbury report on privatization of utilities in Great Britain. Efforts to convince the public on utilities as businesses; Disclosure and accountability as cornerstones of an organization; Recognition of the need to change.
- Employees outbid outsiders. Schriener, Judy // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/22/96, Vol. 237 Issue 4, p17
Reports that the employees of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utility Department (CMUD) in Charlotte, North Carolina have outbidded private firms in a competition for a five-year operations and maintenance contract of its water and wastewater plants. Reduction of CMUD's annual budget; Competitors; Process...
- Privatization is win-win. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/22/96, Vol. 237 Issue 4, p90
Editorial. Focuses on the success of an operation and maintenance (O&M) privatization effort which was taken seriously by the Charlotte-Mecklenberg Utility Dept. in Charlotte, North Carolina. Skepticisms regarding privatization of O&M services; Bidding process; Positive changes that resulted...
- Abu Dhabi privatizes electricity sector. // Modern Power Systems;May97, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the privatization of electricity and water sectors in the United Arab Emirates. Aim of boosting the national economy and encouraging the private sector to play a greater role in power generation; United Arab Emirates' planned grid to link all seven emirates.