Indiana Launches VC Biotech Fund-of-Funds
- Life sciences venture capital dips again. Wall, J. K. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/5/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p5A
The article reports that the venture capital investments of life sciences companies in Indianapolis, Indiana has continued to lag behind compared to other Midwestern states in the first half of 2013.
- Life sciences strategy requires faith, capital. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 53, p9
Focuses on the move of Central Indiana Life Sciences Initiative to generate venture capital for research. Target revenue for life sciences research; Concerns of community and business leaders on the issue; Emphasis of the life sciences strategy.
- San Diego Receives $709 Million in Venture Capital. // San Diego Business Journal;2/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p19
The article reports on the $709 million in venture capital received by companies in San Diego, California for funding of the life sciences sector in 2012.
- Over Â£47m for investment in early-stage UK life sciences. // Laboratory News;Jul2014, p9
The article reports that venture capital firm Epidarex Capital has raised over 47.5 million British pounds to lead investment in early-stage life science and health technology firms, with pharmaceutical firm Elli Lilly & Co. and King's College London in England taking part in the final closing.
- Investors gravitate towards disruptive technologies. PALNITKAR, UTKARSH // BioSpectrum;Oct2013, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p31
The article reports on investments in the biosciences sector in India. The healthcare industry has witnessed tremendous private equity interest in the recent past. There has been an increase in activity in the medical care delivery and other allied emerging industries. The biosciences sector is...
- Lifesciences require much more investor attention. CHANDRAMOULI, VISALAKSHI // BioSpectrum;Oct2013, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p33
The article reports on India's healthcare and life sciences industry attracting over 6.5 billion dollars in capital since 2005. Private equity and venture capital (PE/VC) investors have invested heavily in the Indian healthcare and life sciences sector. Given the value that the sector has...
- Life science firms capture 16% of VC funding in 2nd quarter. Fishman, Rae // Medical Device Daily;7/23/2007, Vol. 11, p1
The article presents information on the MoneyTree quarterly survey conducted by PricewaterhouseCooper Israel-Kesselman and Kesselman for the second quarter of 2007. According to the survey, venture capital is still backing Israeli technology companies at top levels. It also found that several...
- Investments in bioscience balloon. Pettypiece, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that Northeast Ohio saw a near-doubling of venture capital investments in its bioscience companies in 2004 compared to 2003, though the volume of venture capital dollars that flowed into the nation's biotech hotbeds still dwarfed the total investments. At least 21 bioscience...
- Look closer. // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p8
The article informs that bioscience companies in Northeast Ohio raised nearly $60 million in venture capital during the first half of 2008, less than one-third of what they raised during the first half of 2007. Northeast Ohio bioscience companies still are on pace to surpass investment totals...