At Last, M&A Payday Is Here
- TOP MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS (OCTOBER 1, 2003-NOVEMBER 1, 2003). // Global Finance;Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p19
Lists the top mergers and acquisitions for the period October 1, 2003 to November 1, 2003. Bank of America's acquisition of FleetBoston Financial; Anthem's acquisition of WellPoint Health Networks; General Electric's acquisition of Amersham; Daido Life Insurance's acquisition of Taiyo Life...
- In the Deal Flow. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p43
Presents a list of major merger and acquisition deals announced in October 2003. FleetBoston Financial Corp. and Bank of America Corp.; WellPoint Health Networks Inc. and Anthem Inc.; Amersham PLC and General Electric Co.; Sicor Inc. and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.; Mid Atlantic Medical...
- Hold the Applause, Please. Newman, Richard J.; Clark, Kim // U.S. News & World Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 16, p56
Reports on the reaction of Wall Street to merger news. The outlook for the Bank of America buyout of FleetBoston Financial to be finalized; Information on branches, assets, and deposits; Amount of shareholder value that was lost from deals between 1994 and 2001; Details of the all-stock...
- Lowering Blue Cross Acquisition Costs. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/10/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 43, p10
Reports on the impact of Anthem Inc.'s acquisition of WellPoint Health Networks Inc. on decreasing costs for Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurers to acquire additional plans in the future according to bankers. Plans to establish a nation-wide network of Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage.
- Anthem left little to chance in pitching its mega-merger. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p4
Focuses on the proposed merger between Anthem Inc. and WellPoint Health Networks Inc. Terms and conditions of the deal; Efforts of the companies' executives to secure Wall Street support.
- Anthem deal details revealed. Murphy, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the details of the merger between Indianapolis, Indiana-based companies Anthem Inc. and WellPoint Health Networks Inc. Payments to consultants Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers; Behind the scenes costs of the deals; Value of cash-stock deal.
- Anthem, WellPoint seal deal. Murphy, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p3
Announces the merger of Anthem Inc. and WellPoint Health Networks Inc. in Indiana. Number of U.S. states the merger will operate Blue Cross Blue Shield plans in; Challenges faced by the merger when they were trying to get approval in the states they plan to do business; Date when the new sign...
- Community Development Reactions to BoA's Merger with Fleet Are Mixed. Dymi, Amilda // National Mortgage News;1/26/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p11
Reports on the acquisition of FleetBoston Financial Corp. by the Bank of America Corp in Charlotte, North Carolina. Terms of the agreement; Affordability on the prices of the houses; Efforts of the firm to increase purchasing from minority owned businesses.
- BoA/Fleet 'Low Impact' // National Mortgage News;11/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p1
Reports that Bank of America Corp. is purchasing Fleet Boston Financial Corp. in 2003 through a stock purchase in 2003. Expansion of the bank's presence in New England; Impact of the purchase on the bank's industry ranking; Effects of the purchase on the banking industry.