Junk Investors Eye Anthem's Deal
- Lowering Blue Cross Acquisition Costs. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/10/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 43, p10
Reports on the impact of Anthem Inc.'s acquisition of WellPoint Health Networks Inc. on decreasing costs for Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurers to acquire additional plans in the future according to bankers. Plans to establish a nation-wide network of Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage.
- Anthem left little to chance in pitching its mega-merger. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p4
Focuses on the proposed merger between Anthem Inc. and WellPoint Health Networks Inc. Terms and conditions of the deal; Efforts of the companies' executives to secure Wall Street support.
- Anthem deal details revealed. Murphy, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the details of the merger between Indianapolis, Indiana-based companies Anthem Inc. and WellPoint Health Networks Inc. Payments to consultants Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers; Behind the scenes costs of the deals; Value of cash-stock deal.
- Anthem, WellPoint seal deal. Murphy, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p3
Announces the merger of Anthem Inc. and WellPoint Health Networks Inc. in Indiana. Number of U.S. states the merger will operate Blue Cross Blue Shield plans in; Challenges faced by the merger when they were trying to get approval in the states they plan to do business; Date when the new sign...
- At Last, M&A Payday Is Here. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/3/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 42, p11
Discusses the merger and acquisition activities in the U.S. Merger between Bank of America Corp. and FleetBoston Financial Corp.; Acquisition of WellPoint Health Networks Inc. by Anthem Inc.; Beneficiaries of the merger and acquisition deals.
- Deal to create new HMO giant. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/3/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 44, p1
The new managed care company to be formed by the $16.4 billion merger between Indianapolis, Indiana-based Anthem Inc. and Thousand Oaks, California-based WellPoint Health Network Inc. will provide large employers with an additional option to place their national account business. The deal could...
- More managed care plan consolidation forecast. Benko, Laura B. // Business Insurance;4/19/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 16, p79
The pending megamerger between Anthem Inc. and WellPoint Health Networks Inc., announced last September, appears to have set the stage for a new round of managed-care acquisitions this year. Since January alone, at least a half-dozen health plans have been snapped up by larger rivals, and rumors...
- WellPoint adjusts to executive exodus. Wall, J.K. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/22/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p1
The article reports on the resignation of several executives from WellPoint Inc. after it was formed through Anthem Inc.'s acquisition of WellPoint Health Networks Inc. David Helwig, retired chief executive officer of the west region of WellPoint, has used part of the money he received from the...
- Savings at core of merger. Murphy, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p1
Discusses how the merger of Anthem and WellPoint is expected to save money. Savings on computer costs with the leverage of a larger company created by the merger; Combining of the company's pharmacy benefit manager programs; Clout needed to negotiate greater drug volumes at lower costs;...