NAPM-NY BCI Rises To 226.4 in Oct
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Crain's New York Business;3/7/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p2
The article presents information on changes in the economic and business conditions in New York City during the first week of March 2011 including decline in unemployment, increase in retail sales, and increase in gas prices.
- Zions Bank business index declined to 87.7 in October. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/12/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p15
Reports developments related to the business condition in Utah according to the Zions Bank Small Business Index. Percentage of the unemployment rate; Effects of economic crisis on business; Factors contributing to the unemployment.
- NEWS & ANALYSIS: in brief. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/28/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p8
The article presents developments concerning the business conditions in New Hampshire. The U.S. Census Bureau estimates suggest that the stream of newcomers into New Hampshire is slowing down. Unitil Corp. is asking New Hampshire utility regulators to raise its rates 8% for residential customers...
- Welfare cases jump above 2006 levels, rise unseen since 2002. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/30/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p22
The article reports an increase in welfare caseloads in the month of June 2007 as reported by the State of Nevada Welfare Division. Welfare cases reached 19,000 which translates into a caseload level rise of 3.4 percent when compared to the previous month. The factors which contributed to the...
- WHAT' SAHEAD? BELL, JON // Oregon Business Magazine;Dec2011, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p41
The article focuses on the economic and business outlook for the state of Oregon in 2012. It is said that the unemployment, weak housing, tight credit will continue to affect the economic condition of the state. However, manufacturing and hospitality sector along with sports apparel industry are...
- Job losses may slow housing recovery. Murphy, Brian // Mortgage Strategy;7/6/2009, p13
The article discusses the impact of job losses on the housing recovery of Great Britain. The author states that fear on the increasing unemployment is expected to affect the condition of the housing market as well as the shortage of lifetime value on mortgages. The author notes that brokers and...
- Looking past hard times. // Advertising Age;11/12/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 47, p30
Comments on the decline in advertising agency jobs amid the difficult business conditions in the U.S. Move of advertisers to reassign their accounts; Unemployment rate for the advertising business.
- Harghita County's Business Environment. György, Ottilia; Péter, Katalin-Emike // Journal of Economics & Business Research;2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p136
In the framework of the global economic system, the competitiveness of the specific businesses depends on the local area they are functioning in. This is why the economic development of a county depends primarily on the local businesses. The paper aims at presenting the economic situation in...
- TREND. // Business North Carolina;Aug2005, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p6
Presents graphs and tables illustrating business trends and indicators, including unemployment rate, retail sales and hotel occupancy rates, in North Carolina as of August 2005.