A knight's tale of royal dÃ©cor
- What's IN Store. RO, E. O. // Cottages & Bungalows;Aug/Sep2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p134
The article offer suggestions regarding interior decoration by Terence Conran, author of the book "Plain Simple Useful," which include maximize space in kitchen by using storage units such as cabinets and drawers, identify items to be use daily and rotate supplies by season.
- Prince Philip honours Conran. // Design Week;11/20/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p3
Reports that Terence Conran, widely recognized with revolutionizing the way the British think about interior design, has received the Prince Philip Designers Prize 2003.
- Conran on Color. // Library Journal;5/1/2015, Vol. 140 Issue 8, p74
No abstract available.
- Conran on Color. Jacobs, Barbara // Booklist;5/1/2015, Vol. 111 Issue 17, p69
No abstract available.
- Queen Victoria and her palace. Wright, Patricia // History Today;Dec92, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p48
Looks at the checkered origins and troubled early years of London's Buckingham House, which Queen Victoria inherited from her uncle, William IV, in 1837. The palace as London's royal landmark; The scale of work at the Buckingham Palace; Architect John Nash's extensive use of ironwork in the...
- Blimey! There goes the neighborhood. // U.S. News & World Report;5/10/93, Vol. 114 Issue 18, p18
States Queen Elizabeth is opening her home to commoners the summer of 1993. Fee; Reasons for Queen's decision; Estimated number of visitors; Details of the Buckingham tour; More.
- Buckingham stops here! Plagens, Peter; Foote, Jennifer // Newsweek;5/17/1993, Vol. 121 Issue 20, p64
Looks at how Queen Elizabeth will raise cash to repair fire-damaged Windsor Castle by opening Buckingham Palace for unprecedented public tours each August and September. Admission fee of $12.50 over five years could help pay the estimated 40 million pound Windsor restoration bill. Sculpture,...
- A queen without a palace? Why, the very thought! MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;6/29/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 153, p7
Reports on the presentation in Great Britain of the idea that Buckingham Palace should be turned into a museum.
- The palace goes public. Kinmonth, Patrick // Vogue;Jul94, Vol. 184 Issue 7, p84
Presents a tour to the Buckingham Palace in London, England. Areas that were burned in the palace; Interior; Picture gallery; Architectural design; State rooms; Paintings. INSET: Storming the palace, by Richard Alleman..