- Argos: huge strengths, but margins under pressure. // Housewares;Sep/Oct2007 Supplement, p4
The article profiles houseware retailer Argos Plc in Great Britain. Details on the company's strengths and weaknesses in the retail market are provided. The company's plans for growth and the threats that they feared to face are also given. It also provides their contact information and buyer...
- Argos celebrates 35 years. // DIY Week;8/1/2008, p03
The article reports that the 70th catalogue of Argos has been launched on July 26, 2008 as it celebrates its 35th year of trading. The premium houseware brands celebrating their debut in the catalogue include Royal Doulton and Le Creuset. It notes that this edition features 1,800 pages...
- Like-for-like sales up at Argos. // In-Store;May2003, p17
Cites the increase in sales posted by Argos for the half-year ended March 31, 2003.
- COMPANY CV. // Marketing (00253650);5/18/2000, p78
Features Great Britain-based retailer Argos. Company background; Products and services; Advertising expenditures; Contact information.
- The 'new' New York. McMenamin, Mark T. // Home Accents Today;Aug2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p25
Opinion. Comments on the dynamics of change in the house furnishing retail industry in New York. Transformations in Times Square; Factors contributing to the closure of the Soho branch of Platypus; Impact of the national chains on independent retailing and rents; Emergence of retail districts.
- 25 Powerhouse Retailers in home accents. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p16
Lists the 25 largest home furnishings retailers in the United States as of December 2000. Names of retailers; Company background; Shares of the home accent market; Factors affecting the market.
- Expansions. // Home Accents Today;Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p31
Reports on home furnishings manufacturers and retailers' expansion of their facilities in the United States as of December 2000. Baton Rouge, Louisiana-based Plain Jane's expansion of its warehouse facilities; Tapestries Ltd.'s expansion of its warehouse in High Point, North Carolina.
- BUSINESS briefs. // Home Textiles Today;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p18
Presents news and developments relevant to the retail trade and home furnishings industry in the U.S. compiled as of April 2003. Chief executives' assessment and business confidence associated with the existing economic conditions; Wages for executives.
- Opening the door to `supervise-it-yourselfers'. Duff, Mike // Discount Store News;5/11/98, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p51
Reports on the efforts by American home products retailers to attract new and more affluent customers by building new retail concepts. Includes the offer of designer-coordinated home soft goods sections at Lowe's; Kmart's offer of Martha Stewart's line; Wal-Mart's launching of Sahara Supreme;...