Scan-thor finds an opening in cabinets
- Skan-Thor snaps up Noble House. // Cabinet Maker;1/24/2003, Issue 5321, p7
Reports that Jim Barness has sold a controlling stake in upholstery company Nobel House Designs to supplier Scan-Thor in Great Britain. Increase of prices for stockists and non-container ordering; Company operation of Scan-Thor; Delivery of Nobel House models direct to the retailer.
- Producing winners. // Cabinet Maker;5/6/2005, Issue 5436, p10
The article reports that two furniture design students from Nottingham Trent University will be jetting to Poland next week after their sofa bed designs were chosen as the winners of the Scan-Thor Design for Commerce Award. Tom Rawlings' two-seater design took the first prize of Â£ 2,000 and...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the furniture industry in Great Britain. Ikea Furniture Co. is expected to launch a new quarterly magazine in September 2005. A networking meeting is being organized by the Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers in Southampton, England....
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p6
Reports that upholstery manufacturer Scan-Thor is building on the success of its Noble House brand with a model range for the independent sector. Adriana Collection.
- Pioneer of sourcing in Poland. Melim, Richard De // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2007, Issue 5569, p18
The article features Scan-Thor, a furniture company which uses three freelance designers in Great Britain. The author offers information about the company history, operations, and involvement of Scan-Thor in the furniture industry. Information about the firm's new Domosofa collection and...
- Scan-Thors buys Flame Upholstery. // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2010, Issue 5704, p6
The article reports on the acquisition of sofa bed supplier Flame Upholstery by Scan-Thors UK Ltd., a furniture group, in Great Britain.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;3/3/2006, Issue 5477, p5
The article presents furniture industry news items in Great Britain for the week of March 3, 2006. B&Q will expand its service squad customer help scheme. House prices have increased by 0.4 percent in February 2006. Stag Furniture has announced 180 redundancies. Upholstery firm Scan-Thor is...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p5
Reports on developments regarding the furniture industry in Great Britain. Summer sale of furniture and DIY chain GlynWebb; Debenhams' appointment of Scan-Thor as its exclusive upholstery supplier; Damage to stocks of Harrogate bed retailer To Catch A Dream because of a fire at the restaurant...
- Enesco in accents for the long haul. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p14
Reports the launching of Milieu home accent division by Enesco Home Gallery in North Carolina. Target of the company on existing gift retailers; Expansion of license programs; Introduction of product lines at the International Home Furnishings Market.