Manufacturing gets Â£1.7m DTI lifeline
- Are you investing for the future? // Works Management;Feb2000, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the investment of manufacturers in Great Britain in capital equipment to guarantee their future survival. Publication of the Department of Trade & Industry's second Capex Scoreboard; Investment strategies of British firms.
- Manufacturers urged to invest more in design. Johnson, Alan // Manufacturers' Monthly;Sep2003, p22
Reports that Manufacturers in Australia are being urged to invest more in design. Need for manufacturers to outsource their design work.
- Investment, finance and the business cycle: Evidence from the Dutch manufacturing sector. van Ees, Han; Kuper, Gerard H. // Cambridge Journal of Economics;May97, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p395
Analyzes the impact of profits on investment using data from the Dutch manufacturing sector in a simple Kaleckian investment model. Relationship between profits and investment; Reference to studies conducted on the issue; Characteristics of the investment equation; Information on the Dutch...
- Investment, Uncertainty, and Irreversibility in Ghana. Pattillo, Catherine // IMF Staff Papers;Sep98, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p522
Studies the use of a panel data for the period 1994 to 1995, to examine the impact of uncertainty on the investment behavior of Ghanaian manufacturing firms. Exploration of the investment-uncertainty relationship; Reference to the introduction of Ghana's Economic Recovery Program in 1983 (ERP);...
- INVESTMENT VIEW. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;2/13/2003, p32
Comments on key issues concerning investments in the manufacturing sector in Great Britain. Impact of the economic recession; Overview of the housing market; Consequences of geo-political investment risks.
- Nico invests in hardware lines. // Glass Age;Apr2003, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p4
Reports on Nico Manufacturing's investment program at its Essex, England production facility. Friction hinges and security devices manufactured by the company; In-house productions of the company; Investment in an automatic plating line.
- So ownership does matter after all! Lawrence, Adam // Works Management;Sep1998, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p3
The article presents a comment about ownership. The author discusses Britain's success in attracting inward investments and the downside to the seemingly easy success. Economic conditions in manufacturing sector in Great Britain is explored as more companies are pulling out their investments....
- A Celebration Of U.S. Manufacturing. Panchak, Patricia // Industry Week/IW;Dec2003, Vol. 252 Issue 12, p9
Deals with several myths which affected the U.S. manufacturing industry in 2003. Impact of the high cost of production; Lack of investments in manufacturing companies; Link between technology and manufacturing success.
- Japan door opens as factories exit. Massey, Murray // BRW;10/24/94, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p146
Reports on the trend to shift manufacturing out of Japan that paves the way for Australian and Japanese companies to search for cooperative investment opportunities in other countries. Views by delegates to the 1994 meeting of the Australia-Japan Business Cooperation Committee held in Brisbane,...