Merrill Adds Rooney to Boost General Midwest Muni Business
- Merrill Rebuilds Health Care Group by Snaring Goldman, Lehman Bankers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p28
Reports the reorganization of the health care division of Merrill Lynch & Co. in Chicago. Illinois. Recruitment of bankers Kenneth Vallrugo, Joseph Hegner, Michele Vobach and Trish King; Career history of Vobach; Job responsibilities of King.
- Laid-Off Merrill Lynch Bankers Viewed as Hot Commodity. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p29
Reports that some Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. bankers who were laid off are being courted by regional firms in the United States. Talents of the bankers dismissed.
- Merrill Adds Three To Seattle Office. Walker, Sussane // Bond Buyer;4/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31857, p7
Reports on the recruitment of three bankers by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in a public finance group in Seattle, Washington. Names of the bankers; Career background of the hired executives; Responsibility of the executives.
- Who won, who lost in Merrill's FIG shuffle is a matter of debate. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/02/99, Vol. 65 Issue 31, p3
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s objective in promoting Herbert Lurie without making him manage any bankers. Problems with Merrill's financial institutions group (FIG); Conflict between Lurie and Louis Wolfe, formerly co-head of the FIG group; Defection of FIG members to other investment...
- Merrill Cuts Back On Staff. Herman, Jack; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/24/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32989, p1
The article reports on the laying off of more than a dozen public finance bankers and 10 sales and trading professionals at Merrill Lynch & Co. in the U.S. The cuts come just after the company added about 30 bankers from UBS Financial Services Inc. The move affects the sales, trading,...
- Merrill Lynch re-shuffles. // High Yield Report;02/22/99, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p1
Reports on management changes at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. following the resignation of senior executive Tom Gahan. Keith Horn's assumption of most of Gahan's responsibilities in the leveraged finance and distressed products area; Other members of the management team; Gahan's acceptance of the...
- Junior Bankers Get Buyouts. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/28/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p15
Reports the offer of buyouts to junior bankers in New York City. Amount of buyout package offered by Morgan Stanley; Reference to the buyouts offered to employees by Merrill Lynch amp; Co.; Benefits of the buyouts to all levels of employees.
- Bankers trust hires ex-Merrill executive to drum up business among the wealthy. Holliday, Kalen // American Banker;8/26/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 165, p12
Reports on the appointment of Brian Lippey as managing director of the private advisory services group at Bankers Trust Company. Stint as head of global foreign exchange at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Private banking customers' access to products such as market-linked deposits.
- Merrill takes four from Lehman; Beefing up transportation sector. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30633, p25
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. has added four former Lehman Brothers investment bankers to its public finance division. Michael L. Lexton; Wendy Franklin; Crystal J. Mullins; Eric Rockhold.