Sixth Senator Puts Hold on Internet Tax Bill as Law's Sunset Nears
- `Free trade' on the Internet will hurt local governments. Carney, John // Aftermarket Business;Jun2000, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p19
Discusses the effect of free trade on the Internet on local governments. Tax implications of free trade on the Internet; Recommendation to make Internet-based transactions permanently tax exempt.
- Internet commerce: To tax or not to tax? Costas, Jose // Caribbean Business;3/6/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p36
Focuses on an international agreement to tax merchandise sold through the Internet. Creation of tax guidelines for Internet revenue; Speculations on supplier-based tax procedures; Difficulties of international taxation procedures for individual countries protecting revenue; Opposition to tax...
- Taxing times in Cyberspace. James, Jan // New Zealand Management;Nov99, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p38
Deals with tax activities over the Internet in New Zealand. Types of business activities transacted through the Internet; Tax problems posed by e-commerce; Tax treatment of e-commerce in the United States, Canada and Australia; Goods and services tax issues in New Zealand due to e-commerce.
- Buying the world. Wileman, Andrew // Management Today;Feb2000, p91
Examines how the Internet gives consumers direct access to global purchasing and savings. Online shopping agents; Differences in competitive situation and practice; Tax issues.
- NY Production Alliance Monitors Internet Tax. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;04/28/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p5
Reports that the New York Production Alliance is monitoring the issue of Internet tax. Emphasis on the possibility of a state sales tax on electronic film transfers; Memorandum on the issue from the New York Taxation and Finance Department; International concerns on electronic commerce taxation.
- Resistance is futile. Bradner, Scott // Network World;07/05/99, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p27
Expresses concern over the possibility of Internet sales taxation. Government's projections on the amount of Internet tax revenue that is lost to non-taxation; Factors that complicate the process of determining how to tax Internet-based commerce; Establishment of a commission that will try to...
- In the eye of the hurricane: Internet taxation. Dodge, John // PC Week;09/20/99, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the advocacy for new taxes on Internet transactions in the United States. Responses of the readers to the column of the author.
- Gerstner, governments question Net taxes. // InfoWorld;10/19/98, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p59
Focuses on the issue of taxation in Internet commerce.
- Is the tax-free Internet really tax free? Barton, Joe // Fort Worth Business Press;09/01/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p27
Discusses the issue of electronic commerce taxation on the Internet. Overview on the current state of the electronic commerce industry; Tax advantages of consumers from purchasing goods online; Author's opposition to any state or federal taxes on Internet access, Internet usage, or Internet sales.