Wetprin Releases Letter From N.Y.C
- Weprin Reappointed. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32303, p31
The article reports on the reappointment of New York City Councilman David Weprin as the chairman of the City Council's finance committee in a council-wide vote. In addition to his duties, he also works as a senior vice president at Alabama-based broker-dealer Sterne Agee & Leach Inc. He lost...
- Getting Back to Banking. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31749, p1
Reports that New York City council member David I. Weprin has joined Alabama-based broker/dealer Sterne Agee & Leach Inc. as senior vice president in the company's New York division. Weprin's experience in public finance banking; Absence of conflict between Weprin's job as a councilor and vice...
- Weprin's Double Life. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32201, p1
Focuses on New York City councilman David I. Weprin. Career highlights; Public finance background; Plan to run next term for speaker of the council, a position elected by the council members; Involvement in high-profile projects.
- NEW YORK: Keeping It in the Family. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33224, p9
The article reports on the plan of New York City council member David Weprin to run for his brother Mark Weprin's seat in the New York State Assembly in New York. During his tenure, David was the chairman of the council's finance committee. According to David, if elected, he plans to continue...
- ALABAMA: A Crisis Plan for Jefferson. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/13/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32835, p9
The article reports on the recommendations of William Bell, a Birmingham City Council member, on how Jefferson County should deal with the financial crisis resulting from the credit cash of over $3 billion of sewer debt in Alabama. Bell wants bankers who worked with the county on debt sales to...
- Term limits: Palliative or panacea? Hansell, Bill // Public Management (00333611);May94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the challenges posed by term limits for council members. Right of the people to choose anyone to serve them; Criticism against term limits.
- A closer look at the job that served as the stepping stone for most of our modern mayors. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/10/94, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p5
Opinion. Reviews the potential candidates for at-large council seats in New Orleans, Louisiana. Council membership as a stepping stone for city mayors; Confusing politics of councilmen election.
- Casino expert: Detroit City Council's study is flawed. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;5/20/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p34
Reports the demands of the Detroit City Council for the casino development agreements in Michigan. Problem encountered by casino operators; Competition between American Indian and Canadian casinos; Tax contributions of casino operators.
- Voters didn't like City Council's hidden agenda. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/13/97, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p22
Comments on the rejection by voters in Salt Lake City, Utah of the appointment of Mary Mark and Lee Martinez as councilmembers. Questions on the objectives of the city council in appointing the members.