Florida Officials Start Talks for New Marlins Ballpark, With Bonds Likely
- St. Louis Cardinals Offer $50 Million for New Stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31515, p4
Reports on the contribution of major League Baseball's Saint Louis Cardinals of 50 million dollars to help cover the cost of building a ballpark in Chicago, Illinois. Members of the group to help in achieving the plan; Companies offering the assistance to the firm to manage the finance and...
- Tradition triumphs at new ballpark. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p2A
Reports on the Victory Field baseball park in Indianapolis, Indiana. Facility as the home site of the Indianapolis Indians baseball team.
- Bridgeport's `field of dreams'. Stableford, Joan // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/09/98, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p17
Describes the ballpark of the Bridgeport Bluefish baseball team. Support from fans in Bridgeport, Connecticut; Increase in attendance; Factors credited for the ballpark's success; Founders of the Bridgeport Baseball Club; Companies which helped in the advertising.
- Whitecaps' popularity leads to OKP expansion. VanderVeen, Don // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/14/95, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p2
Reports on the plans by principal partners to expand the Old Kent Park in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Features of the plans; Comment by Whitecaps co-owner Lew Chamberlin; Total attendance for the team in 1994.
- Brooklyn Cyclones' 'field of dreams' is all set for opening day. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;06/14/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 24, p50
Reports on the opening of the KeySpan Park in Coney Island, New York City which is the home of baseball team Brooklyn Cyclones, an affiliate of the New York Mets. Games for the 2001 season of the Cyclones in the New York-Penn League; Tickets sold for home games.
- Minor league baseball in major league markets. Dittrich, John // Fort Worth Business Press;7/7/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p14
The author offers his views on the announcement of the city of Grand Prairie, Texas that it will build a baseball stadium to house a new independent minor-league baseball team. The management of the Texas Rangers Baseball club is concerned the addition of another minor-league franchise would cut...
- PLACE IN THE NEWS: New York City. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;3/30/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 19, p3
The article offers information on the Yankee Stadium and Citi Field, two new stadiums set up in New York City for its Major League Baseball teams, the New York Yankees and the New York Mets.
- O'Fallon, Rascals renegotiating lease of T.R. Hughes Ballpark. Flinchpaugh, Brian // St. Charles Journal;1/16/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 3, pA2
The article reports on a negotiation being held by the River City Rascals minor baseball team to lease the city-owned T.R. Hughes Ballpark in O'Fallon, Missouri.
- Q UP THE FINAL SEASON. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the final season of the San Diego Padres baseball team at the Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California in 2003. Transfer of the team at Petco Park; Nostalgic sentiments over the team's departure from Qualcomm; Historic games played at Qualcomm.