N.Y. Budget Office: State Faces $14 Billion Gap in Next Two Years
- Colorado Assembly Returns, With $1B Deficit Front and Center. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p3
Reports on the budget deficit facing Colorado as of January 2003. Challenges posed by this deficit to legislators in the state; Measures to be taken by legislators to reduce the deficit; Possibility of the introduction of a rainy-day fund by state Treasurer Mike Coffman during the state's...
- Wisconsin Faces Spending Cuts; Missouri Announces $1B Gap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p3
Discusses the budget deficits faced by states of Wisconsin and Missouri. Step to eliminate deficit initiated by the governor of Wisconsin; Expectations regarding Missouri's revenues for a fiscal year; Highlights the gap in Missouri's budget cycle.
- Analysts Decry Officials' Inaction in Face of Connecticut's Growing Deficit. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p27
Reports on financial analysts' criticism of Connecticut state officials for failing to tackle the state's growing fiscal deficit as of January 2003. Increase in the projected deficit for the state's 2003 budget; Inability of the state legislature to work out a solution to reduce the deficit;...
- A Mile-High Budget Gap. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p1
Reports on the shortfall in the fiscal year 2004 budget of Colorado. Factors contributing to the deficit; Total revenues to be generated by the state as of 2003; Impact of the revenue to be generated on the state's General Assembly.
- ILLINOIS: Cook's Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on measures taken to eliminate budget deficits in the fiscal year 2002 by the officials of Cook County, Illinois. Introduction of budget by the government for 2002; Provisions of the budget.
- Prince George's Deficit. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31258, p39
Reports on the announcement of a budget shortfall for the fiscal year by budget officials in Prince George's County, Maryland on October 30, 2001. Projected revenue collections for 2001; Reason behind the shortfall.
- Connecticut Lawmakers Hammer Out Compromise on $300 Million Deficit. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p36
Reports on the measures adopted by Connecticut legislative leaders to address the budget deficit in the fiscal 2002 and 2003 budget. Amount expected to be generated from budget cuts and reallocations of the fiscal 2001 surplus; Issuance of debt to refinance capital projects.
- Virginia Governor Increases Estimate of Shortfall to $1 Billion; Cuts Coming. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p6
Reports on an expected increase in budget deficit of Virginia for fiscal year 2002. Decrease in revenues; Impact of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the state's economy; Amount of emergency funds released by President George W. Bush.
- Michigan Could Face Possible $1 Billion Deficit in Fiscal 2003. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p3
Reports on a possible one billion dollar fiscal deficit facing Michigan for the fiscal year 2003. Factors contributing to the deficit; Decline in revenues generated by the state; Measures to be incorporated in the 2003 budget to overcome this deficit.
- Disappointing December Tax Collection Hits Massachusetts. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;1/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31297, p3
Reports on the financial problems faced by Massachusetts due to multimillion dollar budget deficit. Decline in the tax revenue collection of the state; Comments of Stephen Crosby, secretary of administration and finance for the state budget office on the budget deficit; Views of several...