Philanthropy 101: Donor-Advised Funds
- Everyone can win with girls to charitable organizations. Marable, Don S. // Fort Worth Business Press;12/15/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p11
The article presents a discussion about the financial benefits of donating to charitable organizations in the U.S. It is noted that donations made to charities that were given 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status are usually tax deductible. An individual can set up a charitable remainder trust with help...
- Generosity Can Pay Off. L. S. // Newsweek;10/29/2007, Vol. 150 Issue 18, p61
The article presents ways to insure that charitable giving is more effective, and to insure that givers get the maximum tax advantages. Websites such as guidestar.org can be checked to make sure that organizations seeking charity are legitimate. Gifts should be documented carefully, and cash...
- Shark-Fin CLATs vs. the Bears: Charitable Giving in Down Times. Grote, Jim // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p22
The article offers information on the status of philanthropic giving of various companies amidst the economic crisis in the U.S. Data reveals that instead of decreasing its contributions to charity, majority of these firms augmented their charitable giving. According to Turney Berry, partner...
- Foundations show growing commitment to Central Valley. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/19/2001, Issue 322736, p19
Discusses the growing commitment of foundations to Central Valley, California. Volume and types of grants rewarded; Counties of interest to national foundations; Investments made by the top ten United States foundations in the district.
- Unique fund targets quality. // Nature;6/10/1993, Vol. 363 Issue 6429, p487
Highlights the accomplishments of the Andes Foundation in Santiago, Chile. Fund from an endowment left by the dissolution of mining companies headed by Luis Hochild; Mandate in improving educational, cultural and social welfare; Influence of physicist Igor Saavedra on the education budget;...
- A new method of funding. McCurry, Patrick // Third Sector;4/20/2010, Issue 611, p21
The article discusses venture philanthropy, a method of funding, used by Impetus Trust.
- Notes on a merge. // Third Sector;2/16/2010, Issue 602, p12
The article looks at the events and issues that occur in 2009 that led to the merging of disability charities, Speaking Up and Advocacy Partners.
- Foundation Reaches Milestone. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/4/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p9
Reports that the Grand Rapids Community Foundation in Michigan has reached the $75 million mark in giving. Significance of the foundation's achievement; Total number of grants issued by the foundation since its establishment; Background on the establishment of the foundation.
- PHILANTHROPY. // San Diego Business Journal;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p35
Reports on the donation issued to The SharpHealthCare Foundation from the Helen K. and James S. Copley Foundation for the Campaign for SharpHealthCare in San Diego, California.