- THE Good, THE Bad AND THE Ugly. Zweig, Jason; Carter, Adrienne; Weisser, Cybele; Bigda, Carolyn; Freedman, Jonah; Johnston, Megan; Kalwarski, Tara; Price, Lysa; Torabi, Farnoosh; Wilson, Amy // Money;Feb2004, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p74
This article looks to see which fund companies put investors first. All of a sudden, it seems, fund is a four-letter word that begins with F-U. Mutual funds had long looked like the cleanest corner of the financial industry--until last September, when New York State attorney general Eliot...
- Rich offerings. Davidson, Ian // CA Magazine;May2003, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p37
Discusses the emergence of financial planning industry in high net worth investors in Canada. Impact of the stock market bubble explosion on investors; Definition of high net worth; Features of private client programs from mutual fund companies.
- Choice of Funds Snapshot. // Money Management;11/11/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p2
Presents a breakdown of types of funds in Australia. Proportion of all super-fund members considering a change of fund after June 2005; Proportion intending to seek advice from a financial planner; Proportion unhappy with super fees; Proportion who think industry funds will outperform retail in...
- American Century Lays Off 17% of Staff. // Money Management Executive;11/17/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on the staff reductions of mutual fund companies. American Century announced that it would reduce 17% of its workforce due to the impact of the credit crisis, declining assets and stock prices, and the slowing economy. The firm is one of a number of companies, including...
- American Century of Mo. Aims Ads at Banks, Brokers. ANDERSON, AMY L. // American Banker;3/20/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 54, p18
Reports on Kansas City, Missouri-based mutual fund company American Century Investments' launch of an advertising campaign aimed at banks and brokerages. Efforts to expand traditional retail mutual fund customer base; Importance of brand recognition.
- American Century Adds to Load Roster. // American Banker;3/5/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 44, p6
American Century Investments Inc. said it has expanded its lineup of load funds by starting up a large-cap growth fund. The American Century Capital Growth Fund seeks long-term capital growth by investing in common stocks of larger companies with strong earnings and revenue growth, the company...
- Your Model Day. Good, Bill // Research;May2012, p51
The article presents the author's comments on model days for financial advisors. Model Day optimizes the time purchased by the team of financial advisors. To create a Model Day, some resources, some samples, a worksheet, a Daily Planning Checklist and a list of model days matching business...
- Fund manager fears costing investors. // B&T Weekly;11/19/2004 Supplement, p6
Reports on the tendency of costing millions to Australian investors due to fund manager's underweighing practice. Reliance of fund managers on benchmark risk; Risks associated with limited number of listed companies; Need to consider the best option for investors.
- Behavioral Perspectives on Index Funds. Redhead, Keith // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jul2010, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p54
The article identifies a number of behavioral advantages of index funds when compared with actively managed funds. Index funds have advantages with respect to the perception of loss, realism of expectations, appropriateness of choice criteria, net dividend income, and the emotional attachment to...