- Planners dispute worth of magazine's rating system. LaFauci, Maria J. // Financial Planning;Nov97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p55
Discusses `Worth' magazine's decision to revise its rating system for determining the top financial advisers in the United States. Financial planning community's criticism of fee-only planners' prominence in the magazine's annual list of top advisers; Reevaluation of planners on the 1996 list.
- Computer eases demographic analysis. // Marketing News;8/15/86, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p16
The article reports on computerized demographic analysis, a systematic approach which uses computer modeling and census data to simplify demographic analyses. According to Mark A. McAvoy, account representative for National Planning Data Corp., marketing analysis must associate demographics with...
- Marketing Briefs. // Marketing News;12/7/1984, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p4
The article deals with the development of the "Yellow Pages Data System," a demographic and analytical marketing system for yellow pages advertising and research from the National Planning Data Corp. The database contained information on demographic estimates from the period 1970 and 1980. The...
- Users to pay census bureau for '80 data Zip breakdown. // Marketing News;4/16/1982, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p16
The article reports that a consortium of data users will pay the U.S. Census Bureau $250,000 to tabulate 1980 census data according to Zip code areas. The National Planning Data Corp. will pay the money in return for the breakdown. The report will contain general population characteristics,...
- Reader Spotcheck. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p29
Presents the results of a survey conducted by the `Journal of Financial Planning' among financial planners in the United States. Percentage of planners who have been hired to provide financial education for an employer; Knowledge level of planners in real estate issues; Confidence in the...
- Making It, Keeping It. Hertzberg, Robert // Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p16
Deals with issues and events related to the financial planning industry in the U.S. Advantages and challenges facing financial advisers for having a high-profile client; Anniversary of the foundation of the "Financial Planning" magazine.
- How to get demographic data from readers. Love, Barbara // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;4/15/95, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p9
Provides tips for magazine circulators on obtaining better demographic information from readers. Asking of information with invoice or acknowledgement form; Use of a premium or incentive; Hints to readers of missing a special opportunity upon failure to provide information.
- List activity. R.M. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;9/15/95, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p43
Features the magazines `Bit and Bridle' and `Underhood Service.' Features; Readers demographics; Publishers; Contact information.
- PUBLISHER'S LETTER. Lynch, Mark E. // On Wall Street;
The author reflects on survey results concerning financial advisors. An annual reader survey conducted by the periodical "On Wall Street" through Lodestar Research found that a large majority of the periodical's readers are employee advisors and are employed at a wirehouse or regional...