Broaddus: Economy Can Survive Terrorism
- Fed's Broaddus: Beware Inflation. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31803, p2
Focuses on the necessity for preparations for the return of inflation and react with a preemptive raise in the rates according to Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond president J. Alfred Broaddus. Percentage of increase in gross domestic product as predicted for the year; Impact of current...
- Housing Market Tapering Not Unexpected: Lacker. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32354, p2
The article reports on the statement about the housing market given by Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond president Jeffrey Lacker to an economic roundtable in West Virginia. He said the housing market move to a normal level and it will not make a rampant inflation despite the recent run-up in oil...
- Lacker: Time to Tighten Is When Growth Is Strong. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33219, p2
The article reports on the assertion of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond's president Jeffrey Lacker regarding the restriction on monetary policy in the U.S. Lacker suggests that the restriction of policies is more effective and advisable during a stable growth in the economy. He argues that...
- Lacker: Good Chance Fed 'Did the Right Thing'. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32751, p2
The article offers the view of Jeffrey Lacker, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, regarding the move of the Federal Reserve to provide liquidity in times of turmoil in the U.S. Lacker claims that the Fed is ready to lend to those with good collateral. However, he emphasizes that...
- Richmond Fed's Lacker to Retire in October. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2017, Vol. 1 Issue 34642, p1
Jeffrey M. Lacker, president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, announced Tuesday that he will retire on October 1, 2017.
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond: Governor Seay and the issues of the early years. Parthemos, James // Economic Review (00946893);Jan/Feb90, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on issues concerning the Federal Reserve Bank of Ricmond. Personal triumph for Governor George J. Seay; Reserve banks and the reserve board; Financing schemes; Credit policies; Payment system issues.
- Statements to the Congress. Black, R.P. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Nov91, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p920
Describes the role of the Richmond Reserve Bank in the supervision and regulation of Credit and Commerce American Holdings (CCAH) which was made before the House Committee on Banking, Finance and Urban Affairs. CCAH came under the supervision ofthe Richmond Reserve Bank after CCAH acquired...
- Manufacturing Pulls Back In October: Richmond Fed. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/24/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33802, p2
The article offers information on the survey conducted by the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond which shows that the U.S. manufacturing index has decreased to negative index seven form positive index four in September 2012.
- Richmond Fed: Factory Activity Up 'Moderately'. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/28/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33820, p2
The article focuses on a survey conducted by Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond regarding manufacturing activity in the central Atlantic region.