CBOT Alters Muni Futures Settlement
- CBOT tinkers with original formula to fine-tune futures. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;05/03/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30632, p31
Reports that the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) in Illinois has changed the formula used for calculating futures contracts in the city. Urgency of the issue according to board officials.
- Americas. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on the issues at stake in implementing the Eurex futures trading system upgraded by the Chicago Board of Trade in Illinois. Comments from board official Burt Gutterman; Costs of the initiative.
- CBOT Calls Futures Launch a Success. // National Mortgage News;04/09/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p11
Reports the number of mortgage futures contracts executed by the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) in Illinois. Overview of the capital market crisis; Efforts of CBOT to attract participants in the futures and options market; Basis of the futures contracts; Description of the CBOT mortgage futures...
- Muni bond futures as hedges. // ABA Banking Journal;Aug85, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p92
Reports business condition of municipal bonds at the Chicago Board of Trade in Illinois. Number of trade contracts; Contracts to serve as protection against volatility of interest rates.
- BrokerTec out of the gates. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Feb2002, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the futures trading platform of BrokerTec in Chicago, Illinois. Effect of the company's low fee structure on the city Board of Trade; Criticism on the use of confidential incentive program in the operation of the business; Statement of chief executive Hal Hinkle about the program.
- CBOT moves into next era. Collins, Daniel P. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Feb2004, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p17
Reports on developments in the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) in Illinois. Approval by CBOT of a fee reduction in exchange for physical transactions in U.S. T-bond and T-note contracts. Announcement by CBOT of the availability of futures for exchange-for-swap transactions; Account of the...
- A second chance for CBT to back electronic trading. // Crain's Chicago Business;06/14/99, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p10
Supports for members of the Chicago Board of Trade to vote yes on the proposed trading alliance Eurex on June 24, 1999. Impact of the Eurex deal on the city's futures market; Cost of the move into electronic trading; Protection of the state's dominance as a futures capital.
- Action in the Pits. // Time;Jul1966, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p88
The article focuses on Chicago's Board of Trade in Illinois, which is one of the biggest and busiest commodity markets in the world. It mentions that traders have transacted 270 million bushels of wheat, corn, oats and soybeans, which is three times greater that the average trade in 1965. It...
- Spreads and Non-Convergence in Chicago Board of Trade Corn, Soybean, and Wheat Futures: Are Index Funds to Blame? Irwin, Scott H.; Garcia, Philip; Good, Darrel L.; Kunda, Eugene L. // Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy;Jan2011, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p116
This paper evaluates the role that index funds have played in recent convergence problems of Chicago Board of Trade corn, soybean, and wheat futures contracts. These new market participants are widely considered to have inflated futures prices and/or expanded spreads between futures prices....