Chrysler group cracks down on absenteeism
- Nightmare for suppliers. Henderson, Tom; Shea, Bill; Automotive News // Crain's Detroit Business;5/4/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p1
The article reports that Detroit, Michigan-based automobile manufacturer Chrysler Corp. has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on April 30, 2009. The company has decided to shut down its plants during bankruptcy. The company's decision of plant closure came at a time when the automobile...
- Chrysler Eyes Diesel, Minivan Growth. // Ward's Auto World;Oct2003, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p17
Reports on the plans of Chrysler Group to launch several automobile models in the U.S. in 2004. Rationale behind the plans; List of automobiles that will be launched in 2004; Statement issued by Chrysler CEO Dieter Zetsche.
- WHAT'S HOT. Zachary, Katherine // Ward's Auto World;Oct2003, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p48
Deals with the prevalence of segment-buster automobiles in the U.S. as of October 2003. Characteristic of a segment-buster automobile; Automobile manufacturers which have manufactured such vehicles; Explanation for the failure of Chrysler Pacifica to meet its sales expectations for its...
- Don't be fooled by productivity. Slater, Dan // Automotive News;2/11/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5970, p14
Comments on the productivity and profitability of automakers in North America. Significance of the Harbour Report to auto executives; Correlation between profitability and efficiency among auto makers; Categories of plant workers according to the report; Decision-making of buyers.
- LaSorda plans dealer road trip. Wernie, Bradford // Automotive News;12/18/2006, Vol. 81 Issue 6234, p3
The article reports that Chrysler group CEO Tom LaSorda plans to go on a road trip to meet with automobile dealers in an effort to improve the company's relation with them. According to the article, the company's relations with Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep dealers were damaged by its decision to...
- IMPERIAL RATES A ROYAL SALUTE. Stefanides, E. J. // Design News;10/1/90, Vol. 46 Issue 19, p234
The article features the 1991 model of the car Imperial manufactured by Chrysler. The distinctive exterior has the traditional, formal look of the classic upscale American luxury sedan. The car's interior is spacious, even sumptuous and creates a quiet, restful environment. Its engine is teamed...
- Commence Driving. Stieg, Bill; Jones, Lisa; Bilheimer, Christina; Geller, Sheri; Boye, Brian; Calechman, Steve; Campbell, Adam; Davis, Shannon; Good, Brian; Herman, Brooke; Hillkirk, Scott; Joachim, David; Korneluk, Kristi; Matus, Jordan; Neuman, Sam; Olmsted, Larry; O'Neill, Hugh; Ongaro, Laura; Potera, Carol // Men's Health;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p62
Reports on the automobile manufacturers that are offering rebates to college graduates as of July 2002. Ford; Chrysler; General Motors.
- Automakers go ahead with cleaner-burning cars. // National Petroleum News;Mar98, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the agreement among auto makers General Motors, Ford and Chrysler to provide much cleaner-burning autos in the United States. Consideration of the agreement as a historic cooperation; Joint development program initiated by General Motors and Amoco to create a cleaner-burning diesel...
- Chrysler challenges magazines. Donaton, Scott // Advertising Age;10/18/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 44, p52
This article reports on the plan of Chrysler Corp. to change its magazine advertising program according to vice president for marketing John Damoose, as of October 1993. During his speech at the American Magazine Conference, Damoose told attendees that the company wanted to reach more customers...