- Roger's Balancing Act. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p28
Interviews Fox News chairman Roger Ailes on the television network's way of business in covering news events. Views on the permanence of the U.S. mass media in covering the war in Iraq; Career in journalism; Opinion on flag waving.
- News: You decide. McClintock, Pamela // Variety;8/11/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 12, p45
Reports on the success of Fox News Channel under the management of Roger Ailes. Remarks from Ailes on the cable network; List of news that brought success to the network; Information on Ailes' relationship with executive Rupert Murdoch.
- FOX TAKES THE OFFENSE. Learmonth, Michael // Variety;10/9/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 8, p22
The article reports on the challenges facing the Fox News Channel. When Roger Ailes launched the Fox News Channel in 1996, cable news was ripe for an attitude adjustment. But Ailes now faces his toughest challenges since start up. Cable news is in the midst of a ratings slump, and since Fox has...
- Roger Ailes. Hill, Julianne // Advertising Age;10/8/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 41, ps29
This article profiles marketing star Roger Ailes, chairman and chief executive officer of Fox News cable television channel. He writes most of the ads supporting the network, including the "Fair and balanced" tagline. The channel got a market share boost from its coverage of the Florida...
- Hartman steps in at CBS 'News'. Gough, Paul J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/10/2006, Vol. 392 Issue 31, p4
This article reports that the television program "CBS Evening News" is undergoing a quiet transformation and so far not the radical change that had been contemplated in the past year. The broadcast's new executive producer, "60 Minutes" veteran producer Rome Hartman, took over on Monday....
- TOP 10 MOST POWERFUL IN TV NEWS. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;4/18/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p51
Presents the top 10 most powerful personalities in television news in the U.S. Information on Leslie Moonves, chairman and CEO of CBS; Background of Neal Shapiro, NBC news president; Facts about Roger Ailes, Fox News chairman.
- B'cast minority report tells it in living color. Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/5/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 41, p10
Most television (TV) executives would agree that the latest survey as of August 5, 2003 about dwindling number of minorities in the broadcast media is disquieting and disappointing. RTNDA/Ball State University Annual Survey of television and radio newsrooms released last week was alarming not...
- Fox Looks Abroad. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/9/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 23, p14
Fox News Channel might have established itself as an undisputed leader of cable news market but Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes still wants to do a lot. He also wants to expand Fox News internationally. He also wants to improve weekend programming and international reporting.
- The Venerable AP Is Mulling New Curley Cues. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p34
Profiles Tom Curley, president and CEO at Associated Press, who intends to transform the organization from the telegraph era to the database era. Plan to launch a television news cooperative; Task faced by Curley; Idea behind a content-centric outfit.