Figuring the Bill
- Lawrence, Kan., Schools Present 'Wish List' of $29 Million in Needs. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p32
Reports on the demands by the public school officials in Lawrence, Kansas. Review of the proposals by the Lawrence Board of Education; Amount for building upgrades in the annual budget proposals; Use of portable classrooms in four junior high schools in the city.
- Government Grant for Rural and Inner-City Schools. Dianis, Laura K. // Curriculum Administrator;Feb99, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p8
Announces the award grants to rural and inner-city public schools in the United States. Establishment of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program; Relevance of the program; Application for the program; Contact information.
- IPS maps out legislative agenda. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/30/98, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p22
Reports on the plans of the Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) to support education funding issues in its 1999 General Assembly. Organization's advocacy for the state to implement a `poverty factor' in the school funding formula; Requirements for the IPS to attain its demands.
- UK's Second State-funded Hindu School Soon. // India -- West;12/3/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, pB20
The article reports on the inaugural of the second state-funded Hindu school in Leicester, England.
- McCall challenges Pataki's stance on public schools. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;01/18/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p6
Reports the ruling of the United States Supreme Court concerning public schools financing by the New York State. Failure of the state to provide adequate facilities to the schools; Views of Brooklyn President Howard Golden on the court ruling; Impact of the ruling on the minority students.
- Forty-six years in the making. Ferrer, Fernando // New York Amsterdam News;01/18/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p13
Comments on the court ruling on the New York state's school funding policy. Basis of the United States Supreme Court ruling; Impact of the ruling to the schoolchildren; Responsibilities faced by the educators and elected officials after the imposition of the court ruling.
- Parent org wins funding for city schools. Brooks, Charles // New York Amsterdam News;01/18/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p6
Reports the efforts of the Campaign for Fiscal Equity urging financial support from the state government for public schools in New York. Rule of State Justice Leland DeGrasse on the case; Impact of the state refusal on equitable funding to the minority students; Context of the Education Article...
- Federal aid to education. // America;12/11/1948, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p256
The author reflects on the proposed Federal Government aid to U.S. public schools. The author believes that the Taft bill marked a withdrawal from previous Federal policies as the bill left the allocation of Federal funds up to the States. The author mentions that Congress should go as far as it...
- OKLAHOMA: School Funds Slashed 7%. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/17/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33218, p9
The article reports on the 7.1% reduction in the educational assistance to local districts in Oklahoma. The Oklahoma Department of Education has stated that the cutback in the funding is caused by the decline in the state revenues. The state has also cut down budgets for all agencies by 5%. It...