- Bank Dhofar offers share swap for merger. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/6/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 23, p19
The article focuses on the Bank Dhofar of Oman and its proposed preliminary share swap ratio for a merger with Bank Sohar, which would create the second-largest bank in Oman.
- BT becomes global telecommunications giant. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p14
Reports that the merger agreement between British Telecommunications PLC and MCI Communications Corp. would create the second largest telecommunication group in the world.
- California Coast, First Future Announce Nuptials. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;3/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p1
The article presents information on the merger of First Future Credit Union and California Coast Credit Union. The merger will create the second-largest credit union in San Diego County, California. If the merger is approved by regulators, the combined organization would serve 130,000 members...
- Cyprus Amax-Asarco Merger Mixes Copper, Chemicals. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;7/28/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 28, p10
Focuses on the merger plans of Sarco and Cyprus Amax Minerals that would create the world's second largest copper producer after Codelco company. Terms of the merger agreement; Estimated costs to be cut by the merger; Contribution of Asarco's Enthone-OMI on the sales of the company; Chemicals...
- Some Now Back B of A-Fleet Deal; Others Want Conditions. Paletta, Damian // American Banker;1/15/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 10, p3
Bank of America Corp. and FleetBoston Financial Corp.'s recent reinvestment commitments and other steps to address community concerns about their planned merger quieted major critics at a public hearing on Wednesday. But those efforts did not stop some of the 120 speakers from Georgia to New...
- Bell Atlantic and Nynex to create telecommunications giant. Leon, Mark // InfoWorld;4/29/96, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p57
Reports the proposed merger between Bell Atlantic and Nynex, would create the nation's second largest telephone company. Expected revenue of $30 billion; Comments from Mike Smith, a Datapro Information Services Group analyst; Merger of companies wireless operations.
- Ish-lesy union OK'd. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;6/24/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 60, p50
Reports on the merger of regional cablers Ish and Iesy, creating second-largest cable group in Germany.
- Bank of America Names Chief of Investor Platforms. // Money Management Executive;2/2/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the announcement made by Bank of America that Keith Winn has been named its investment product development and management executive. Expectation of organization to emerge from the BoA-Fleet Boston merger; Role of Winn in the management of the company's third party, nonproprietary,...
- ABN Amro Asia In Merger Deal. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p5
ABN Amro Asia Securities (AST), which is part of Dutch banking group ABN Amro NV, has announced plans to merge with local Asset Plus Securities PLC in a THB12bn deal which would create Thailand's largest brokerage company. These companies hope to complete the merger, which is awaiting...
- Pinnacle of Tenn. Buying Mid-America. Kline, Alan // American Banker;8/16/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 158, p20
This article briefly reports on a merger involving Pinnacle Financial Partners and Mid-America Bancshares Inc. According to the article, Pinnacle has announced it is acquiring Mid-America Bancshares Inc. for $196 million in cash and stocks. After the deal, Pinnacle would become the second...