A.G. Edwards Snares Banker, With Chicago-Area Deals in Mind
- Heading back to school. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30816, p1
Reports on A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc.'s plan to assign bankers to handle higher education deals in several cities in the United States. Creation of a formal higher education group in 1994; Goal of the reorganization; List of the firm's higher education deals.
- Exodus From Legg Mason Continues. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32212, p1
Reports that A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc. (AGES) had lured 12 public finance bankers, including Legg Mason Inc.'s (LMI) former co-head of public finance, to join the firm. Capitalization on the discontent and uncertainty of public finance professionals regarding the future of the capital markets arm...
- A.G. Edwards Hires Father and Son For New Seattle Public Finance Office. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32063, p6
A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc. announced this week that it has opened a public finance office in Seattle, Washington, and hired the father-and-son investment banker team of John D. Urbina and Geoff Urbina away from George K. Baum & Co. to staff it. The elder Urbina, John, joins the firm as managing...
- New Wachovia Wealth Head Lays Out His Plans. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;8/3/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 149, p7
The article looks at Stan Gregor, president of the wealth markets group at Wachovia Wealth Management. The purchase of A.G. Edwards Inc. is mentioned, along with plans to expand the number of bankers in high growth markets. Gregor discusses the difference between trusted advisers and financial...
- A.G. Edwards makes several appointment in Tucson offices. // Inside Tucson Business;4/10/95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p7
Presents appointments at the Tucson, Arizona offices of A.G. Edwards and Sons Inc. Includes Edward Marshall's appointment as vice president of investments; Naming of Sherry Hall as associate vice president and trust specialist; Naming of vincent J. Cattolica as senior investment broker.
- Brokerage builds on European market. Hadley, Mark // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;8/19/96, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p15
No abstract available.
- Edwards finds best growth strategy is sticking to core brokerage business. Plasencia, William // American Banker;4/25/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 78, p9
Features A.G. Edwards & Sons, a St. Louis based brokerage. Registered investment representatives; Competition from other firms and banks; Foray into investment banking.
- A.G. Edwards cultivates business with national and regional approach. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;02/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30339, p1
Reports on A.G. Edwards Inc.'s efforts to improve the profitability of its municipal bond department. Relocation of bankers from Saint Louis, Missouri into local offices in the markets it services; Value of senior underwriting business captured in 1997; Total deals co-managed.
- A.G. Edwards selectively markets its online financial service. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/11/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30348, p38
Reports on A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc.'s use of the soft sell approach in launching the AGe-Connects online client-access service. Benefits of the move to A.G. Edwards' clients; Resources available.