Morgan Stanley's Lian Elected to Replace Szerszen as Chair in January
- Defections lead to changes at multimanager group. Payne, Beatrix // Pensions & Investments;4/30/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the restructure of the Association for Multi Manager Investment in London, England. Formalization of the association; Creation of tighter affiliation between members; Augmentation of the profile of manager of managers. Creation of separate membership structures for institutional and...
- A trade association must represent the whole not the part. Gay, Stephen // Money Marketing;8/4/2011, p30
In this article the author reflects on the decision of the Association of Independent Financial Advisers (Aifa) to open up membership to restricted advisers in Great Britain, which entails that trade association must represent the industry as cohesive, professional, and rational.
- Body and soul. Cicutti, Nic // Money Marketing;2/15/2007, p47
The article presents the author's opinion on the formation of a new trade body being planned to rival the Association of Independent Financial Advisers (Aifa), in Great Britain. The author thinks that if such a body is set up, it will never replace Aifa. Majority of Index Funds Advisers (IFA)...
- Cardy gauges support for IEA trade body. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing;10/13/2011, p9
The article reports on the move of former independent financial adviser (IFA) Gill Cardy to set up the IFA Centre web site to gauge opinion from independent adviser body to determine if they are prepared to fund a trade body in Great Britain.
- Advisers urged to unite behind Apfa as IFA Centre pulls the plug. Norman, Tessa // Money Marketing;12/19/2013, p5
The article reports that financial advisors are being urged to support the Association of Professional Financial Advisers (APFA) following the demise of the trade association, the Independent Financial Advisers (IFA) Centre.
- Into the lion's den. // Money Management;6/8/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p36
The article comments on several congresses and conventions relevant to money management that were held in Melbourne in 2006. The conferences held in Melbourne include the Australian Direct Property Investment Association convention and the annual conference of the Securities and Derivative...
- CII, LIA and Sofa link for IFA online testing. Boles, Corey // Money Marketing;6/27/2002, p7
Reports on the collaboration between the Council of Institutional Investors, LIA and the Society of Financial Advisers on a joint online testing facility and tutorial service for independent financial adviser firms in Great Britain. Annual fee per adviser; Issues on the partnership between the...
- CHAPTER NEWS. // Secured Lender;Apr2009, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p58
The article presents an update on the activities of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute chapters, as of April 2009. The Florida Chapter co-hosted the opening reception of the Spring Connections Conference of the CFA in Palm Beach Gardens in March. Lynn Brewer, founder of The Integrity...
- NAIFA ADVOCACY AT WORK. // Advisor Today;Sep2004, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p52
Examines the progress of the lobbying and advocacy work of the U.S. National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA). Advocacy for changes in the business of selling life and health insurance; Reduction of the cost and complexity of agent licensing; Aim of maintaining educational...