Getting Back to Banking
- Wetprin Releases Letter From N.Y.C. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p4
Reports on the private letter released by New York City Council member David Weprin from the Conflicts of Interest Board that clears his joining of Sterne, Agee & Leach's New York public finance office. Guidelines set for Weprin's working as a banker.
- Weprin Reappointed. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32303, p31
The article reports on the reappointment of New York City Councilman David Weprin as the chairman of the City Council's finance committee in a council-wide vote. In addition to his duties, he also works as a senior vice president at Alabama-based broker-dealer Sterne Agee & Leach Inc. He lost...
- Expanding Firm Speaking Volumes. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;10/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32479, p1
The article focuses on the organizational developments of Sterne, Agee & Leach Inc., a financial service provider in the U.S. The company hired New York City Councilman, David Weprin in October 2003 and now chairs the Council's Finance Committee. At the time of Weprin's arrival, the firm also...
- Weprin's Double Life. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32201, p1
Focuses on New York City councilman David I. Weprin. Career highlights; Public finance background; Plan to run next term for speaker of the council, a position elected by the council members; Involvement in high-profile projects.
- Analyst Soundoff: 5 Questions For Sam Poser. Abel, Katie // FN: Footwear News;3/30/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p37
The article presents an interview with Sam Poser, analyst with Sterne Agee & Leach Inc. When asked about his outlook for the spring athletic business, he said that there will be a good start fo the business. He said that he likes Foot Locker, Finish Line and Hibbett Sports. When asked about his...
- FINDING A FINE BALANCE. Cunliffe-Steel, Svea // LG: New Zealand Local Government;Dec2015, Vol. 52, p33
The article offers the author's view on chief customer officers (CCOs) and councillors.
- Q&A: Needleman Sees More Moves Ahead. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;2/16/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p1
An interview with Eric Needleman, financial executive at Sterne Agee & Leech Inc., is presented. When asked on his views on the leverage finance market, he replied that despite the crisis in the financial services industry, he is very optimistic that there will be significant development in the...
- Sterne Surge Goes on With First Florida Public Finance Office. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/10/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33077, p7
The article reports on the opening of the first public finance office in Fort Lauderdale, Florida by Birmingham, Alabama-based Sterne Agee & Leach Inc. Longtime banker and Broward County commissioner John Rodstrom was hired by Sterne Agee to head up the firm's public finance. He is joined in the...
- Latheefa Koya resigns as city councillor. // Malay Mail;7/17/2012, p11
The article announces the resignation of councilor Latheefa Koya from the Petaling Jaya City Council in Malaysia.