Weathering School Cuts
- Spring Branch Blowout. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p31
Reports on the election schedule for the disposal of property tax revenue by the Spring Independent School District in Texas.
- Nebraska reforms fuel district consolidations. Keller, Bess // Education Week;09/16/98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p16
Looks at mergers within Nebraska's school districts, highlighting the completion of 40 mergers and a number of property tax reforms. Observation that Nebraska has the highest number of school districts; Statistics on property tax rates; Details on changes in school finance legislation. INSET:...
- NLR OKs Hike for Schools. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33666, p7
The article reports on the property tax increase approved by the voters in the North Little Rock (NLR) School District, to support more than 200 million dollars of 31-year general obligation bonds in Arkansas.
- Group may sue New York over lack of school funding. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;11/29/2012, p3
The article reports on the exacerbated financing gap between rich and poor school districts in New York due to aid cuts and a cap on property tax increases as stressed by the Campaign for Fiscal Equity.
- One-third of texas school districts face property tax increases, report states. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30723, p7
Reports that one third of Texas' districts is planning to raise property tax rates starting October 1, 1999. Results of a survey conducted by the Texas Education Agency; Allocation of funding to Texas school districts.
- OHIO: Cleveland School Tax Passes. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/14/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33813, p7
The article informs that the voters have approved the increment in property tax in Ohio to raise money for Ohio's Cleveland Metropolitan School District.
- Voters in nearly 120 Ohio districts asked to approve tax levies. Schmidt, Peter // Education Week;11/1/95, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p6
Reports that the several school districts are asking voters to pass local property-tax levies. Financial problems of school districts in Ohio; Financial impact on school districts of rejecting property-tax levies.
- School tax rate ratified by vote. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);6/6/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the boosting of school funding at Clarendon Consolidated Independent School District in Texas after the voters have approved the 13-cent property tax increase on June 1, 2013.
- School Assessments. Richardson, Valerie // Insight on the News;12/20/99, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p30
Reports on the attempts of taxpayers in Jefferson County, Colorado to hold school districts accountable for the performance of students by withholding budget increases. Caveat for the property-tax increase for schools; Support of the teachers union for the initiative; Complaints of...