- TREATMENT FACILITIES & HOSPITALS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p90
A list of the top treatment facilities and hospitals in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of local employees is presented, including the University of Medical Center, Sunrise Hospital and Saint Rose Dominican Hospitals-Siena.
- Quality assessment and improvement: what radiologists do and think. Deitch, C.H.; Chan, W.C.; Sunshine, J.H.; Zinninger, M.D.; Cascade, P.N. // Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association;Mar1995, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p51
No abstract available.
- Preparing For A Hospital Surgical Procedure. Spencer, Anne H. // Subconsciously Speaking;Mar/Apr1997, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p3
No abstract available.
- Hospitals forge regional links. Hudson, Susan // Asian Business Review;May95, p72
Reports on the efforts by Australian hospitals to establish links in Asia. Types of links established by the institutions; Agreements made by St. Vincent's Hospital in Melbourne; Links made by St. John of God Hospital in Subiaco, Western Australia.
- Western PA hospitals still in fiscal doldrums. // AHA News;04/09/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p4
Highlights a report by the Hospital Council of Western Pennsylvania on hospitals in western Pennsylvania. Statistics on net operating margin, hospital expenses and occupancy rate for the hospitals for the first six months of 2001.
- Linkages. J.A.; J.G. // AHA News;05/06/96, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p4
Reports on deals among hospitals in the United States. Includes Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.'s joint venture with MetroWest Medical Center; OrNda HealthCorp.'s acquisition of Saint Vincent Health Care Systems; Merger of Beth Israel Hospital and Deaconess Hospital.
- Court OKs hospital closure. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;11/04/96, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p6
Focuses on Litchfield County Superior Judge Richard A. Walsh's approval of the closure of Winsted Memorial Hospital in Connecticut. Objections from the state's attorney general and local community activists; Hospital officials' plan to file for federal protection from creditors.
- Linkages. Asplund, Jon; P.D. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p4
Presents news updates concerning hospitals in the United States as of April 14, 1997. Joint agreement between the Albert Einstein Healthcare Network and the Jefferson Health System; Provider contracting network planned by the Tenet Healthcare Corp. and Med Partners; Joining of the Shadyside...
- Tampa safety-net hospital unveils bold survival plan. Cassil, Alwyn // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p6
Reveals the plan of Tampa General Hospital in Florida to convert its status into private, not-for-profit. Efforts in reinventing the hospital; Community reaction to the plan; Need for hospitals to be more flexible and autonomous.
- That empty feeling. Larson, Laurie // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p7
Investigates the efforts of hospitals in the United States in keeping their market share. Merger of the Hartford Hospital with the Institute of Living; Consumers' demand for more access to health services; Analysis of community needs conducted by the Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Wort in Texas.