Ohio School Needs, 'Third Frontier' Project Lead Ballot
- Bad News for Bonds? Braun, Martin Z.; Albanese, Elizabeth; Williams, Rochelle; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p1
Presents news briefs related to ballot measures in several U.S. states for bonds as of November 02, 2001. Bond packages introduced in Texas; Issuance of general obligation debt in California; Proposed amount of bond referendums in Virginia.
- Voters Nationwide Approve 90.5% of Bond Issues. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on the results of local and statewide bond elections in the U.S. in November 2004. Overall approval rate of bond elections; Number of bond questions on ballots across the country.
- FLORIDA: Marco Island's Septic Question. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32655, p9
The article reports that Marco Island voters in Florida are in the process of casting ballots through the mail to determine whether they want to subsidize the cost of a septic tank replacement program with the issuance of up to $88.6 million of general obligation (GO) bonds. If voters approve...
- Lowering Threshold for School Bonds Qualifies Again for California Ballot. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/29/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30923, p36
Reports on the inclusion in the California ballot in November 2000 of an initiative that would reduce the approval level required for passing bond referendums. Required approval of bond plans by school boards; Caps and citizen oversight requirements.
- Biggest bond battlegrounds: 1998. // Bond Buyer;11/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30513, p16
Presents a breakdown of bond issues included in state ballots around the United States in 1998. Includes school bonds in California; Water and wastewater projects financing in Arkansas; Environmental cleanup funding in Michigan.
- Mailing It In. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p27
Focuses on the general obligation bond issued to voters in Marco Island for mailing ballots for the election in Florida. Purchase of last sizeable piece of underdeveloped property; Alternative of mailing ballots for unscheduled elections; Purpose of the bonds.
- CRISD calls bond election. // Malakoff News (TX);8/10/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 29, p1A
The article announces the elections of the Cross Roads Independent School District (ISD) in Cross Roads, Texas and highlights that the ballot will include a bond to fund infrastructure facilities including a gym, agricultural sciences facility and a multipurpose facility.
- Ask away. // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p10
Presents a commentary on the bond issue and levy drive on the May ballot in Ohio. Comments on the impact of the approval of the tax measures; Remarks on the importance of the ballot issue campaign; Advise to the governor.
- St. Louis MSD Sending $900 Million Question to Voters. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;12/11/2015, p1
The Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District board signed off on a rate hike and sending a $900 million bonding authorization to voters on the April 5 ballot.