Senate OKs Leavitt to Head EPA After Democrats Lift Holds on Nomination
- Senate Panel Delays Vote On Leavitt as EPA Chief. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p4
Reports on the decision of a Senate committee to postpone the nomination of Utah Gov. Michael Leavitt to head the Environmental Protection Agency in the U.S. Generation of more information from Leavitt; Consideration of the confirmation of the committee and the full Senate; Outline of the...
- Bush names Utah governor for EPA. // Pest Control;Sep2003, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p85
Reports on the nomination of Governor Michael Leavitt as U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator. Designation of Leavitt by President George W. Bush; Successor of resigned administrator Christine Whitman; Job description.
- Business hails Leavitt. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;11/10/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p13
The U.S. Senate's confirmation of Utah Governor Mike Leavitt as Environmental Protection Agency chief was greeted by well wishes from President George W. Bush and much of the businesses community, but many environmentalists criticized the Senate's action. Leavitt, who served as co-chairman of...
- FINAL DESIGNATIONS FOR FIRST PM2.5 STANDARDS. // Pollution Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the failure of 20 states in the U.S. to pass the nation's first fine particle air quality standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency. Proposed laws by the EPA Administrator Mike Leavitt to meet the needs; Diseases acquired from air pollution; Significance in meeting the...
- Leavitt stops EPA merry-go-round. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;12/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p10
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) went through a rapid succession of leaders in late 2003. Christine Todd Whitman, who headed the agency since 2001 when George W. Bush became president, resigned in June 2003, saying she wanted to spend more time with her husband in New Jersey....
- GOP Lauds Leavitt for EPA Head Amid Grousing By Democrats. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31726, p7
Reports on the appreciation of the consensus-building efforts of Utah Governor Mike Leavitt by Republicans on the U.S. Senate Environment and Public Works Committee in Washington. Nomination of Leavitt to head the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency by U.S. President George W. Bush;...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Government Executive;7/1/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p10
The article informs that there are 500 days in the plan issued by former U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Michael Leavitt to increase the velocity of environmental progress by implementing a better way. Leavitt has worked at the EPA for 447 days.
- Democrats Block Vote on Nominee For Environmental Protection Agency Chief. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/13/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 12, p18
Reports on issues related to the vote for the nomination of Utah Governor Mike Leavitt as the Environmental Protection Agency administrator in the U.S. Postponement of the meeting of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee; Views of James Jeffords, U.S. senator on the nomination;...
- Utah's Leavitt Heads To D.C. and the EPA. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31757, p4
Reports on the career developments of former Utah governor Mike Leavitt as head of the Environmental Protection Agency in Washington D.C. Terms of office; Credibility as a governor.