Judge Grants Stay in R.J. Reynolds Class Action Case
- Big Tobacco Firms Dispute '03 Payments. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/10/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32129, p1
The article reports that the nation's largest tobacco companies will dispute payments to states made under the terms of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement (MSA). Lawyers representing Lorillard Tobacco Co. and R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. sent letters, to a representative of attorneys general from...
- A Good Day for Big Tobacco|A Bad Day for World Health. Thatcher, Richard // Canadian Dimension;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on implications for world health of the U.S. court's decision not to hear the appeal of a suit by the Canadian government against the R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. of the U.S. Alleged involvement of the company in cross-border smuggling ring; Details of the racketeering case against R.J....
- RJR low-smoke cigarette in test. Teinowitz, Ira // Advertising Age;12/5/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 51, p17
Reports on the implication of the disclosure of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co.'s Eclipse low smoke cigarette on the tobacco industry in the United States. Companies that have developed similar technology cigarettes; Comment by Bob Cox, president and creative director of the Cox Group; Features of...
- GROWING CONCERN. Beirne, Mike // Brandweek;7/15/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p3
Focuses on the contracts of R.J. Reynolds (RJR) Tobacco with its distributors which tighten participation requirements. Disadvantages of the distributor program; Expectations of RJR executives on the program; Information on the 1998 agreement between tobacco companies and states' attorneys general.
- Electric truck passes cost test at R.J. Reynolds. // Management Review;Jan81, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p45
Reports that U.S. tobacco firm R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. has converted one of its Chevrolet Luv pickup trucks into a battery-powered vehicle for hauling mail and light equipment between several plants in North Carolina. Conversion cost; Conversion features.
- Wells Fargo Impressed by Reynolds Redefining Tobacco. // Tobacco Products International;Dec2014, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p56
The article informs about the presentation of tobacco company, R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. at the RAI: Investor Day based on the theme of redefining the tobacco industry which impressed the Wells Fargo's team of tobacco analysts, led by managing director Bonnie Herzog.
- Tobacco verdict may shift legal strategies. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;5/7/97, Vol. 89 Issue 113, p4
Discusses the possible impact of the victory of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company in a lawsuit against them on other lawsuits involving the tobacco industry in the United States. Details on the case; Views of analysts on the situation; Reference to a class-action lawsuit filed by flight attendants.
- California court fines tobacco company millions. // Nation's Health;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p11
Reports that R.J. Reynolds has been fined for violating a state law that prohibits tobacco companies from distributing free samples on public grounds. Response of R.J. Reynolds to the ruling issued by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Conrad R. Aragon in California; Details on the ruling;...
- Tobacco companies face special international packaging obstacles. // Marketing News;2/3/1984, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses special international packaging obstacles faced by American tobacco companies. To sell products on the world market, American tobacco companies have to satisfy special packaging requirements. For example, as per the Ethiopian law, it is mandatory for R.J. Reynolds Tobacco...