N.Y. MTA Faces $1.45B Hole for 2007
- MISSOURI: Metro OKs Fare Hike. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/26/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33012, p9
The article reports that Missouri Metro transit agency approved a 50-cent fare increase in a move aimed at shoring up its operating budget following voter rejection of its proposed sales tax hike. Metro will phase in the fare increase over two years as it is facing an $8 million deficit in its...
- THE BUS STOPS HERE. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;12/17/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 51, p1
The article reports on the move of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to pass major service cuts aimed at filling nearly 400 million dollars in budget gap in New York. It states that MTA plans to cut jobs in 2010 and eliminate W and Z subway lines, as well as taking out the student...
- N.Y. Senators Offer Short-Term MTA Measures; Gov. Paterson Blasts Plan. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/18/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33082, p24
The article reports on the statement from New York Governor David A. Paterson that state's Senate leaders have proposed a short-term measures intended to address the $1.2 billion operating deficit of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA). It states that the proposal would create a new...
- Colorado Assembly Returns, With $1B Deficit Front and Center. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p3
Reports on the budget deficit facing Colorado as of January 2003. Challenges posed by this deficit to legislators in the state; Measures to be taken by legislators to reduce the deficit; Possibility of the introduction of a rainy-day fund by state Treasurer Mike Coffman during the state's...
- Wisconsin Faces Spending Cuts; Missouri Announces $1B Gap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p3
Discusses the budget deficits faced by states of Wisconsin and Missouri. Step to eliminate deficit initiated by the governor of Wisconsin; Expectations regarding Missouri's revenues for a fiscal year; Highlights the gap in Missouri's budget cycle.
- Analysts Decry Officials' Inaction in Face of Connecticut's Growing Deficit. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p27
Reports on financial analysts' criticism of Connecticut state officials for failing to tackle the state's growing fiscal deficit as of January 2003. Increase in the projected deficit for the state's 2003 budget; Inability of the state legislature to work out a solution to reduce the deficit;...
- A Mile-High Budget Gap. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p1
Reports on the shortfall in the fiscal year 2004 budget of Colorado. Factors contributing to the deficit; Total revenues to be generated by the state as of 2003; Impact of the revenue to be generated on the state's General Assembly.
- ILLINOIS: Cook's Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on measures taken to eliminate budget deficits in the fiscal year 2002 by the officials of Cook County, Illinois. Introduction of budget by the government for 2002; Provisions of the budget.
- Prince George's Deficit. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31258, p39
Reports on the announcement of a budget shortfall for the fiscal year by budget officials in Prince George's County, Maryland on October 30, 2001. Projected revenue collections for 2001; Reason behind the shortfall.