Survey: Travelers want services that protect environment
- Going native. Broydo, Leora // Mother Jones;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p21
No abstract available.
- Green Travel. Nixon, Ron // Hispanic;May1999, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p43
Discusses ecotourism in Latin American countries. Idea that led to ecotourism in Latin America; Programs of different Latin American countries on ecotourism; Effects of ecotourism on the environment.
- Making tourism sustainable. Martin, Ann-Louise // UNESCO Sources;Feb2000, Issue 120, p10
Examines the concept of sustainable tourism aimed at protecting the environment. Struggles of small tourist destinations against mass tourism; Need for local community involvement in decisions relating to tourism; Forecast increases in international tourist numbers and income; Examples of...
- Trouble in paradise. Hutchings, Claire // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jan1996, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p20
Features the environmental aspects of the tourist trade in small islands in the tropics. 1996 Tourism for Tomorrow Award sponsored by British Airways; David Bellamy; Lack of potable water; Environmental degradation caused by tourism; Caribbean Tourism Development Programme (CTDP). INSET:...
- Tourism that's socially and environmentally sensitive. Zuckerman, Seth // Natural Life;Mar/Apr99, Issue 66, p5
Reports on the ecotourism efforts by tourist businesses in Canada. Businesses' awareness of their social responsibility; Offer of a nature-based tourism by SeeQuest Adventures which is run by Heiltsuk entrepreneurs Frank and Kathy Brown; Hotel Association of Canada's recognition of hotels and...
- CENTER FOR SAFE ENERGY: Lessons in Ecotourism. PRAGER, MELISSA // Earth Island Journal;Summer2011, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p21
The article presents a study conducted by Russian environmental leaders and the Center for Safe Energy to raise awareness on environmental conservation in responsible tourism.
- ENVIRONMENTAL RECOVERY IN THE ECOTOURISM RESOURCES IN ROMANIA. Turtureanu, Anca; Tureac, Cornelia Elena; Negrut, Vasilica; Pripoaie, Rodica; Cretu, Carmen; Modiga, Georgeta // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2011, Vol. 3, p311
The authors want to emphasize in this paper the role of environmental resources in ecotourism. In previous international studies on the motivation of tourists it could be seen which the elements that interest them are: namely to travel to wild places that provide visual and unique cultural...
- Southeast Alaska Tourism Looms Large. Pardes, Joan // Alaska Business Monthly;Mar2008, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p90
The article reports on the growth of tourism in the Southeast region of Alaska. It is stated that the region is one of the state's smallest block, however it has the state's most natural wonders. According to the summer 2006 Alaska Visitors Statistics program, the region has attracted 1.2...
- Green is the colour. Gough, Alicia // Travel Weekly (UK);5/23/2008, p64
No abstract available.