- New Publications. // Ideas for Development in Americas;Sep-Dec2013, Vol. 32, p7
The article presents abstracts on business topics which include entrepreneurship in Latin America, preschool education in Brazil, and tax reforms in Latin America.
- Entrepreneurship and Growth. // Independent Review;Summer2009, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p81
The article discusses the growth of entrepreneurship in Latin America. The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) studies are discussed, noting that they present statistics on entrepreneurship that can be compared between different countries. The discovery that Latin America is a region in which...
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SOCIAL MOBILITY. // Latin Trade (English);Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses the study "Is Entrepreneurship a Channel of Social Mobility in Latin America?," by Francesca Castellani and Eduardo Lora which found that entrepreneurship is more common among higher-income groups with intergenerational social mobility.
- INNOVATION RISING: A SNAPSHOT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN LATIN AMERICA. MONTEALEGRE, OSCAR // Diplomatic Courier;Jan2016, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p80
The article focuses on the significant role of technological innovation in improving entrepreneurship in Latin America. Topics discussed include an overview of the economy of the country, the creation of business enterprises, the use of innovations to further entrepreneurship, and the...
- Social entrepreneurship in Latin American complementing and filling gaps left by philanthropy. // Global Giving Matters;Fall2012, Issue 48, p5
The article reports on the increasing interest in social entrepreneurship by companies and individuals in Latin America as they attempt to consider the financial, social and environmental impact of the region.
- THE ROOSTER'S CROW Answering the Call for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Across America. // Kirkus Reviews;9/15/2013, Vol. 81 Issue 18, p360
The article reviews the book "The Rooster's Crow: Answering the Call for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Across America" by Mark Nagger.
- From Snacks to Cleaning Products: Women Empowered to Start Businesses. Jarrett, Valerie // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p240
A blog post about the 2013 roundtable discussion called Women Entrepreneurship in the Americas (WEAmericas) held in Mexico in May 2013, is presented.
- 'THE COURAGE TO FAIL' The World Economic Forum on Latin America 2013. SAGERS HERZOG, CHRISELLA // Diplomatic Courier;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p44
Information on the World Economic Forum on Latin America 2013 which was held in Lima, Peru is presented. Topics include entrepreneurship, education, and information and communication technology (ICT) in Latin America. The conference featured several speakers including Peruvian President Ollanta...
- NECESSITY ENTREPRENEURSHIP: A LATIN AMERICAN STUDY. Rubach, Michael J.; Bradley III, Don; Kluck, Nicole // International Journal of Entrepreneurship;2015, Vol. 19, p126
This study analyzes entrepreneurship from the perspective of a potential Latin American necessity entrepreneur. The analysis contains an overview of the culture of entrepreneurship in Latin America and the Caribbean regions. Necessity entrepreneurship and its practice in Latin America and the...
- Dictators â€¢ Health Care â€¢ U.S.-Mexico Immigration. // Independent;Fall2009, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p3
The article introduces the summer 2009 issue of "The Independent Review" journal, which includes articles that address entrepreneurship in Latin America, slave auctions in the antebellum South, and the concept of spontaneous order.