OUT AND ABOUT
- Monitor. Kung, Michelle; Nome, Valerie // Entertainment Weekly;5/7/2004, Issue 764, p22
Presents updates on the entertainment and film industries in the U.S. as of May 2004.
- Action Reaction. Gleiberman, Owen // Entertainment Weekly;7/18/2003, Issue 719, p54
Answers questions concerning trends in the motion picture business, as of July 2003.
- Day lights shingle. Dawtrey, Adam // Daily Variety;11/14/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 29, p28
Reports on the launching of the motion picture outfit Light Club.
- Clips. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/7/2003, Vol. 376 Issue 39, p5
Presents news items relating to entertainment industry in the United States. Honor given to motion picture director Steven Spielberg by the Hollywood Chambers of Commerce; Reasons for the ban on the screening of the bond movie 'Die Another Day' in South Korea.
- Strength in numbers. Hofmann, Katja // Variety;12/6/2004 European Cinema Sup., p5
Focuses on the integration of the film industries from former communist states in eastern Europe with those of western Europe. Possible benefits of the move; Measure taken by Hungary to build up its crew ranks; Status of local films in Poland; Problem with international co-productions.
- OBITUARIES. // Daily Variety;3/18/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 59, p14
Presents obituaries for personalities involved in the motion picture and entertainment industries, as of March 18, 2004. Michael Mindlin; Renata Vanni; Hal Brown; Cecily Adams; Samuel Matlovsky.
- BOLLYWOOD. Ninian, Alex // Contemporary Review;Oct2003, Vol. 283 Issue 1653, p235
Explores the Indian motion picture industry, the Bollywood, and discusses how this industry contributes much to the country's economy and the development of performing arts and culture. Importance of cinemas in the Hindu society; Contribution of the rich mix of India's tradition, myth,...
- Indie exhibs flex collective muscle in Oz. Groves, Don // Daily Variety;8/16/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 30, p11
Features the topics discussed at the Australian International Movie Convention in Gold Coast, Queensland. Right of independent exhibitors to negotiate terms with distributors; Formation of consortiums to purchase items such as cinema seats and popcorn; Introduction of a draft uniform rating...
- E & Y goes to Bollywood. // Accountancy;May2004, Vol. 133 Issue 1329, p77
The Bollywood Media and Entertainment Fund is offering potential investors the chance to place their money in the Indian film industry as it continues to expand. With the help of the Indian government liberalizing its policies, Bollywood, the Indian film industry, has over the past few years...
- JUST FOR VARIETY. // Daily Variety;9/4/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 44, p4
Focuses on various events happened in the U.S. entertainment industry. Preparations for commemoration of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Information about movies released in the U.S. during September 2003.