A REVIEW OF NEW PRODUCTS
- Digital recorder system. // Video Systems;OCt2003, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p79
Focuses on improvements in RGB Spectrum's DGx line of digital recording systems. Addition of Windows-based software SuperVisor Virtual Control Panel; X-ray signals; Audio; Other features; Price.
- Time to try TiVo? TV tech update. // Good Housekeeping;Sep2004, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p92
Evaluates several digital video recorders in the U.S. TiVo; ReplayTV; Digital video recorder service through the digital cable box.
- TiVo. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p52
Evaluates the Series2 digital video recorder from TiVo. Description; Features; Digital performance.
- Compact DVR. // Video Systems;OCt2003, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p95
Presents Fast Forward Video's digital video recorder, DigiDeck. Features; Functions; Advantages; Price.
- THE WAR FOR YOUR TV. Stone, Brad // Newsweek;7/29/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p46
Focuses on technological changes in television, specifically digital video recorders (DVR) like TiVo, that allow viewers to watch shows without commercials and whenever they want to. Threats DVRs pose to the profitable relationship between advertisers, television networks, and media...
- SINCE YOU ASKED. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2010, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p81
The article focuses on the application of digital video recorders (DVRs) and network video recorder (NVRs) on video systems and analog cameras. It states that DVRs cannot use analog cameras but they can handle large amount of video recording due to their maximum storage capacity. Moreover, DVRs...
- DVR HAS LARGE CAPACITY & ENERGY-EFFICIENT FEATURES. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2010, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p124
The article evaluates the 16-channel digital video recorders (DVRs) from Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America Inc.
- Transcoding is cornerstone of video entertainment technology, says TI. Prophet, Graham // EDN Europe;Dec2006, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p17
The article reports on the significance of transcoding within the video entertainment technology industry in Europe. According to Texas Instruments Inc., transcoding is essential in addressing the challenge in changing the format, bit rate, as well as the resolution of the video content....
- BRAIN POWER Multiplied. Kuhl, Craig // CED;Feb2006, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p14
The article examines several market factors that are impeding on progress in the development of multi-room digital video recorders (DVR) in the U.S. in 2006. The market factors include an ill-informed customer base, evolving business models, content protection and technology hurdles. DVR...