DIGITAL CINEMA'S SPECIAL 'K'
- DIGITAL CINEMA SERVER DEPENDABILITY. Dewz, Martin // Boxoffice;Apr2005, Vol. 141 Issue 4, pN.PAG
Examines the elements to any server solution for achieving the required level of stability in digital cinema. Use of the Linux Operating System; Prescription for a fault-tolerant solution; Improvement of the speed in transferring of files through fiber channel connectivity.
- Virgin Cinemas choose Dolby Digital. // Cinema Technology;Oct1996, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the announcement plans of Virgin Cinemas for equipping all its screens with Dolby CP500-D digital cinema processor. The orders for the Dolby units have now been placed for the new screen multiplex sites planned for Wigan, Newport, Aberdeen, and Bolton. In addition, Virgin...
- APOCALYPSE WHEN? Reed, Kimberly // DV: Digital Video;Feb2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p4
This article focuses on the evolution of digital video technology in the film-making industry in the U.S., alluding to the statements from Francis Ford Coppola during his 1979 press conference after accepting the Palme d'Or for his film "Apocalypse Now." Coppola prophesied that one of the...
- The Color-Space Conundrum. Bankston, Douglas // American Cinematographer;Apr2005, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p76
Part II. Assesses the problems of and potential solutions for hybrid film/digital workflow. Maintenance of image integrity in a hybrid workflow; Diagram of a general digital intermediate workflow.
- TAKING THE POST- PRODUCTION PATH LESS TRAVELLED -- SONY VEGAS 5 SOFTWARE. Jones, Mike // Metro;Spring2004, Issue 142, p191
This article focuses on the recently released version 5 of Sony's Vegas non-linear video and audio suite, digital media post-production systems, developed by Sony Corp. In essence there are three main strings to the Vegas bow; editing and encoding systems for digital video, high definition,...
- SPY KIDS 3-D: GAME OVER. Wolff, Ellen // Millimeter;Sep2003, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on the digital techniques used for the special effects of the movie 'Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over,'. Process of staging the mega-race scene using HD stereoscopy; Phases of post-production. INSET: CREDIT ROLL.
- Dipping INTO DIPIT. Schmidt, Lutz // Film Journal International;Apr2004, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p42
Provides information on the Digital Pictures in Theaters (DIPIT) system from Kinoton GmbH. Discussion on digital advertising with the DIPIT system; Requirement for high-definition quality, storage capacity and data security of DIPIT for e-cinema; Details of the key elements of DIPIT, including...
- Next top models. Peters, Oliver // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/13/2004, Vol. 383 Issue 21, pN-1
Sony and Panasonic brought the first generation high-definition video cameras to people, but no one is resting on their laurels. Thomson introduced the Viper FilmStream camera two years ago. Now, Sony adds the SRW-1 digital field videotape recorder and SRPC-1 digital processor. This system...
- Digi projection coming into focus. Masters, Charles // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/17/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 10, p14
This article focuses on the rarity of digital theaters in Europe. The number of high definition digital projectors in most of the major European territories are counted in single figures, and few of the major exhibition chains have announced concrete plans for this to change. Some might be...