- No more post compromises. Nuttall, James // TVB Europe;Feb98, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on the issue of compression as an important aspect of online nonlinear video editing. Drawbacks of existing uncompressed nonlinear systems; Argument for compression; Cost-effective practical choice; Compression's requirement for two sets of electronics to compress and decompress;...
- Some of a good thing. // TVB Europe;Feb98, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p33
Features programs to complement computer-based non-linear viedo editing suite. Boris Fx 3.0 by Artel Software; Video SpiceRack by Pixelan Software; Comet/CG by McRoberts Software.
- Graphic Thoughts. Gray, Lance // EventDV;Sep2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p28
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating backgrounds for video recordings.
- Edit your videos like a professional. Moore, Philip // Australian PC User;Nov2002, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p94
Discusses several techniques used in advanced video editing. Difference between the linear and nonlinear approaches; Discussion on documentary filming; Information on time shifting.
- Fun with video editing: Creating the illusion of reality. Beasley, Augie E. // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Feb97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p27
Discusses how elementary school teachers can teach their students the aesthetics of video editing. Use of contrasting examples of poor editing and good editing to demonstrate the basics; Basics of creating different shots; Steps to follow in the editing process; Pre-rolling; Edit decision list;...
- Granada Television buys Ampex System. // Image Technology;Dec1986, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p614
The article reports on the purchasing of an equipment from Ampex Audio-Visual Systems Division by Granada Television in Great Britain. Granada Television expands its post-production editing facilities with the buying of recording, video processing and editing equipment. The order was announced...
- Battle of the Software NLEs. Ozer, Jan // EventDV;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p22
Compares several computer software as it performed in three operations essential to professional video editing. Information on the computer software used in the comparison; Difference of subjective with objective operation; Definition of video overlay, chromakey and color correction.
- Workgroups within video post. Beeby, Rupert // TVB Europe;Feb98, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p30
Opinion. Discusses the developments in the workgroup video editing, the concept of several editors working simultaneously on the same project. Technological innovations; Standardization issues; Types of networks; Workgroup benefits; Cost, implementation and distance; Projection for 1998.
- SMPTE JOURNAL. // British Kinematography, Sound & Television;Jun1970, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p176
The article presents abstracts from the "SMPTE Journal" compiled by W.J. Raymont. They include "Frame Numbering of Television Tape Recording," by E.S. Busby, "A Proposed Standard Time and Control Code for Video Tape Editing," by R.B. Bonney and colleagues and "An Automated Video Tape Editing...