- Lights, funding, cut! Kalina, Paul // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/05/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6240, p96
Focuses on the future of the Australian film industry. Reasons for the ceasing of funds of the core activities of AFI (Australian Film Commission); Focuses of AFC; List of short films and videos sold to the market; Context of the discussion paper issued by Friends of the National Film and Sound...
- Projektionen der Sehnsucht: Saturn. Die erotischen Anfange der oesterreichischen Kinematogrofie. // Moving Image (15323978);Spring2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p253
The article reviews a video tape release of the short film collection "Projektionen der Sehnsucht: Saturn. Die erotischen Anfange der oesterreichischen Kinematogrofie" ("Projections of Desire, Saturn: The Erotic Beginnings of Austrian Cinematography").
- Generation Extreme. Forte, Maria // Resource Links;Apr2005, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p53
Reviews the video "Generation Extreme," a collection of several acclaimed short films which was produced with the support of the National Film Board of Canada.
- OUT AND ABOUT. // Millimeter;Dec2005, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p57
The article reports on several events in the film and video production industry. Frank Fletcher of A&C demonstrates the company's remote camera head, Power Pod which is one of the devices being considered for Scientific and Technical Academy Awards by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and...
- CASTING. // Back Stage (1946-5440);5/20/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 20, p18
The article offers information on several films, plays, music videos and other performing art shows that are under production in the U.S. and for which artists are being sought for casting. The short film "Truth Seekers" is about a dysfunctional family who discovers the truth about life before...
- QUICK FOCUS. Fulton, Charles // Videomaker;Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p80
The article presents updates on video production in the U.S. as of October 2004. Film schools in the country have begun to adopt AG-DVX100A Mini DV and AJ-SDX900 DVCPRO Cinema camcorders from Panasonic. The Seventh Annual Art Museum Short Film and Video Festival of the Arizona State University...
- Bigger returns. // Sight & Sound;May2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p3
Editorial. Introduces the articles featured in the May 2004 issue of "Sight&Sound" magazine. Financing in the British film industry; Expansion of film-making opportunities; Magazine's policy of refraining from covering short films; Impact of DVD technology and PC editing on the film industry.
- Warped New Vision From Cunningham. // Creative Review;May2005, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p17
The article presents photographic images from motion picture director Chris Cunningham's new short film, "Rubber Johnny." The film will be released on DVD by Warp Films in May 2005. Featuring the music of Aphex Twin, it comes with a 40 page booklet of original artwork, drawings and photographs...
- ALTERNATIVE VIEWS. King, David // Metro;Summer2004, Issue 139, p160
Alternative possibilities for screening short films and videos are discussed in this article. Getting film videos screened and seen by audiences is the main concern of most short film and video makers. These film and video makers need to seek alternative avenues for exhibition and exposure....