Sex clampdown proposed in Indonesia
- ASIAN SEX TRAFFICKING CALLED LARGEST SLAVE TRADE IN HISTORY. // Women's International Network News;Spring2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p55
Focuses on the sex trafficking in Asia. Victims of sex trafficking that involved women and children; Need for law enforcement officials to undergo training; Response of the United Nations to the problem on sex trade.
- New Zealand legalizes prostitution. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/17/2003, Issue 812, p37
Reports on the legalization of prostitution in New Zealand on June 25, 2003.
- A Giant Step Backward for Kansas City. // Advocate;7/30/75, Issue 169, p5
Reports on the approval, by the city council of Kansas City, Missouri, of an ordinance which provides a mandatory term of 15 days to six months on a second conviction of solicitation for prostitution or sexual intercourse for hire, or any act of sexual perversion.
- Victimized again. Cossman, Brenda // Xtra (Toronto);12/21/2006, Issue 578, p24
The author discusses the efforts of the Canadian government to study issues related to prostitution. A subcommittee was formed by the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights in 2004 to review laws focusing on the improvement of the safety of sex workers and to recommend...
- Continuity and Change in Premarital Sex in Vietnam. Ghuman, Sharon; Vu Manh Lol; Vu Tuan Huy; Knodel, John // International Family Planning Perspectives;Dec2006, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p166
CONTEXT: Premarital sexual activity is thought to be rising in Vietnam. However, there is little evidence documenting such an increase, and it is unknown whether levels of premarital sex differ between northern and southern Vietnam and whether premarital sex occurs primarily with a future...
- Straight Dope. Adams, Cecil // Syracuse New Times;8/28/2013, Issue 2189, p13
In this article, the author discusses various issues that impact the economy of sex workers in different countries as of August 28, 2013. The author informs that the global financial crises of 2008-2009 and tolerance of premarital sex have reduced the demand and prices of professional sex...
- Once-mocked Swedish sex law attracts interest. Ritter, Karl // Buffalo Law Journal;3/20/2008, Vol. 80 Issue 23, p18
The article reports on Sweden's Sex Purchase Law that legalizes sex selling and illegalizes sex buying therefore prosecuting the client and considering the prostitute as an exploited victim. The law serves as a radical approach to prostitution and was ridiculed nine years ago. Now, after hearing...
- Johns to Jail. // Guide;Feb2009, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p13
The article reports on the move of the government of Norway to join Finland, Sweden, and Scotland in banning payment for sex. It notes that the law would make it more difficult for human traffickers to ply their trade in Norway. Barring sexual transactions that are completely consensual, the law...
- LEGALIZING PROSTITUTION Morality Politics in Western Australia. Weitzer, Ronald // British Journal of Criminology;Jan2009, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p88
There is now a sizeable literature examining moral panics and moral crusades in various societies, yet the literature is largely centred on the dynamics of panics and the social forces promoting them, while devoting almost no attention to the state. The state may play a key role in the...