Atrial myxoma as a cause of stroke: case report and discussion
- MEDIA REVIEWS. Neuro-Oncology: Blue Books of Neurology Series Volume 36. Green, Deborah // Neurodiagnostic Journal (ASET - The Neurodiagnostic Society);Dec2014, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p381
No abstract available.
- The ecology of CNS tumors in the province of Saskatchewan during the last three decades. // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;May2003 Supplement 2, Vol. 30, pS64
Presents an abstract of the study 'The Ecology of CNS Tumors in the Province of Saskatchewan During the Last Three Decades' submitted to the 38th meeting of the Canadian Congress of Neurological Sciences.
- Melanoma intraventricular primario. Avilés-Aguilar, Antonio; De la Torre, Abraham Ibarra; Rivera-Salgado, María Irene // Archivos de Neurociencias;oct-dic2008, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p258
Objective and importance: primary melanoma of the CNS it's a rare condition; we report the case of a primary malignant melanoma of the left trigone that radiographically mimicked a metastatic lesion. Clinical presentation: a 51-year-old female with antecedents of tabaquism and depression. Two...
- Myxoid Solitary Fibrous Tumor of the Central Nervous System. Haeri Han; Sangjeong Ahn; Won Hwangbo; Yang Seok Chae // Korean Journal of Pathology;Dec2013, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p505
A letter to the editor is presented on the case of a woman with a myxoid solitary fibrous tumor (SFT) located in the tentorium cerebelli.
- Central nervous embolism as an usual presentation of left atrial myxoma. Namboodiri, K.K.N.; Chaliha, M.S.; Manoj, R.K.; Grover, A. // Journal of Postgraduate Medicine;Apr-Jun2004, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p151
Presents a letter to the editor about central nervous system embolism as a usual presentation of left atrial myxoma.
- Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumor. // Encyclopedic Reference of Cancer;2001, p713
A definition of the term "primitive neuroectodermal tumor," which refers to a central nervous system tumor composed of small undifferentiated cells is presented.
- Regulatory T Cells in Central Nervous System: in Health and Disease. Saenz, Brenda; Pérez-H., Jesús; Chavarría, Anahí // Central Nervous System Agents in Medicinal Chemistry;Dec2010, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p326
No abstract available.
- Non-invasive quantification of brain tumor-induced astrogliosis. Lee, Jisook; Borboa, Alexandra K.; Baird, Andrew; Eliceiri, Brian P. // BMC Neuroscience;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p9
Background: CNS injury including stroke, infection, and tumor growth lead to astrogliosis, a process that involves upregulation of glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) in astrocytes. However, the kinetics of astrogliosis that is related to these insults (i.e. tumor) is largely unknown....
- Spinal cord compression in children with Wilmsâ€™ tumour. Ramdial, P. K.; Hadley, G. P.; Sing, Y. // Pediatric Surgery International;Apr2010, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p349
To document the clinical, imaging and histopathological features of five children with paraplegia due to Wilmsâ€™ tumour (WT), highlighting therapeutic options and patient outcome in a developing country. Patients with WT and paraplegia seen at the Department of Paediatric Surgery since...