HOSP. CAFE TARGETS WEIGHT-LOSERS
- Macdonald to open up second Bankside. Wood, Joanna // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/15/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4319, p12
Reports on the plan of chef-restaurateur Kevin MacDonald to open a second restaurant on the north side of the River Thames in England to be called Bankside EC2. Features of the restaurant; Dishes served in the restaurant; Target market of the restaurant.
- Fast casual perks up taste buds. Macarthur, Kate // Advertising Age;6/24/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 25, pS-14
The article examines several trends in the market growth of the fast casual restaurant category in the United States in 2001. Key issues discussed include the effects of the sector's growth on the restaurant industry, the working definition for fast casual restaurants and the target markets for...
- BEST NEW AMERICAN RESTAURANTS 2004. Von Bremzen, Anya // Travel & Leisure;Dec2004, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p166
Features some of the best restaurants in various cities in the United States. Menu; Chefs; Change to the culinary landscape.
- 28Chefs as personalities. Baker, M. Sharon // Nation's Restaurant News;1/23/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p29
The article reports that more and more chefs are readily connecting with their customers and enhancing the entertainment of eating out with a meal-preparation surface visible to guests. It is stated that both those eating the food and those cooking it are appealed by removing the wall between...
- THE BEST OF BOB LAPE. // Crain's New York Business;7/11/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p24
This article rates some of the restaurants in New York. The American Grill, a flavorful restaurant features caring service, superior steaks and all-American fare with flair. The author rates it as very good. Drawing its inspiration from the south of France, the cuisine at Atelier is great to see...
- Utah city turns out to be best test market for Brazilian concept. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;9/22/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p192
Considers the state of Utah as the target market for Brazilian ethnic theme restaurant. Types of drinks; Price per buffet lunch; Menu design.
- Review of Reviews. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/7/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4479, p17
The article presents reviews of several restaurants in England, including Albion in London, Headley in Essex and Geales in London.
- Assistance. // New Yorker;4/1/1967, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p34
The article presents amusing English translations of foreign dishes in some restaurants. La Maganette restaurant in New York City translates "Saltimbocca alla Romana" as "Roman Salta in Bocca." A restaurant in Quebec Province translates "Saumonâ€”sauce Hollandaise" as "Salmon with Dutch gravy."
- Destination Dining. Battilana, Jessica // Yankee;Nov2005, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p114
This article provides information on several restaurants located in Woodstock, Vermont. The Simon Pearce Restaurant offers an inspired cuisine which is a mix of food cultures with an emphasis on local vegetables and Vermont-raised meats. Another is the Keeper's which refers to itself as a...