HOSP. CAFE TARGETS WEIGHT-LOSERS
- Macdonald to open up second Bankside. Wood, Joanna // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/15/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4319, p12
Reports on the plan of chef-restaurateur Kevin MacDonald to open a second restaurant on the north side of the River Thames in England to be called Bankside EC2. Features of the restaurant; Dishes served in the restaurant; Target market of the restaurant.
- Fast casual perks up taste buds. Macarthur, Kate // Advertising Age;6/24/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 25, pS-14
The article examines several trends in the market growth of the fast casual restaurant category in the United States in 2001. Key issues discussed include the effects of the sector's growth on the restaurant industry, the working definition for fast casual restaurants and the target markets for...
- THE BEST OF BOB LAPE. // Crain's New York Business;7/11/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p24
This article rates some of the restaurants in New York. The American Grill, a flavorful restaurant features caring service, superior steaks and all-American fare with flair. The author rates it as very good. Drawing its inspiration from the south of France, the cuisine at Atelier is great to see...
- BEST NEW AMERICAN RESTAURANTS 2004. Von Bremzen, Anya // Travel & Leisure;Dec2004, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p166
Features some of the best restaurants in various cities in the United States. Menu; Chefs; Change to the culinary landscape.
- 28Chefs as personalities. Baker, M. Sharon // Nation's Restaurant News;1/23/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p29
The article reports that more and more chefs are readily connecting with their customers and enhancing the entertainment of eating out with a meal-preparation surface visible to guests. It is stated that both those eating the food and those cooking it are appealed by removing the wall between...
- Utah city turns out to be best test market for Brazilian concept. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;9/22/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p192
Considers the state of Utah as the target market for Brazilian ethnic theme restaurant. Types of drinks; Price per buffet lunch; Menu design.
- Five new outlets for Dim T chain. Manson, Emily // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/25/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4426, p6
The article announces the expansion of the pan-Asian dimsum restaurant Dim T into several locations in England in 2006. Outside the capital, Dim T sites will open in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, in July, in Loughton, Essex, in September and in Nottingham by the end of the year. The group, which...
- WORLD FLAVORS. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Jun2009, Vol. 108 Issue 6, pFSB2
The article reviews several restaurants, including Bombay Bowl Centennial in Colorado, Spice Route Cuisine in Oregon, and Phillips Seafood Restaurant in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Assistance. // New Yorker;4/1/1967, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p34
The article presents amusing English translations of foreign dishes in some restaurants. La Maganette restaurant in New York City translates "Saltimbocca alla Romana" as "Roman Salta in Bocca." A restaurant in Quebec Province translates "Saumonâ€”sauce Hollandaise" as "Salmon with Dutch gravy."