PASTRIES, BROWNIES AND MORE: SWEET SALVATION
- Fruit fantasyâ€¦BINDI. Lavecchia, Gina // Food Management;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p84
Fruit Fantasy Cake offered by Bindi, combines freshest fruits with fragrant short pastry filled with Chantilly cream. The Fruit Fantasy cake is decorated with a rich assortment of pineapple, kiwi, peaches, strawberries and grapes. The cake is available to food service operators in 12-portion...
- SCHWAN'S DESSERTS PROMOTION. // Restaurant Business;2/1/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p72
The article informs that "Sweet Departures: Pies & Cakes To Go," is a promotional program. It features desserts with customizable merchandising materials, flyers, counter cards with order forms, and others.
- The affordable indulgence. Shea, Maggie // Chef Magazine;Aug2009, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p14
The article discusses the popularity of pies in the food industry in the U.S. It mentions that pies have become a fast-selling item over the past six months. It notes that pie is a comfort food which is appealing during uncertain economic times. Pastry chef Natasha Minsanko at the American...
- CREAMY CRAZE. Haynes, Melissa // Restaurant Business;1/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p68
Introduces several desserts and pastries. Edwards and Heidi Desserts from Edwards and Heidi's; Schwan's Ice Cream Novelties from Schwan's; Otis Spunkmeyer's Cafe Pastry Line from Otis.
- Veggie Tales. Flynn, Kaki // Jacksonville Magazine;Mar2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p78
The article reports that New Broadway Square in Jacksonville, Florida is offering healthy pastries such as Belgian chocolate cheesecake, peanut butter chewies and lemon respberry cream horn that are made with ingredients like tofu and whipped rice.
- Urmasice. Radoja, Sandi // Faces;Apr99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p18
Presents a recipe for Bosnian Mock Dates. Dough-making ingredients; Cooking instruction; Syrup ingredients and preparation procedure.
- Pitching and Pouring the Perfect Cup. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul2001, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p70
The article offers tips for food service staff on selling coffee beverages, according to Sara Lee Coffee & Tea Foodservice. Servers are advised to ask guests at the end of lunch or dinner if they would like dessert and coffee. It is said that heavier, darker roasts tend to go better with rich...
- Sweetening tho deal with desserts. Daly, Michael // Hospitality (11724285);Apr2008, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on the dessert manufacturing companies in New Zealand. The author claimed that pastry section was one of the hardest areas in the kitchen because of the skill and knowledge required pastry chef to produce high-class desserts. It also stated that most companies sell the same...
- LadurÃ©e Soho. TISHGART, SIERRA // New York;2/10/2014, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p46
The article reports that pastry company LadurÃ©e will open its 65th international outpost in the old Barolo space in New York on February 5, 2014.