FLAVORFUL, NUTRITIOUS AND MAINSTREAM: MUST-HAVE MUSHROOMS
- For many chefs, it's sunrise for portobellos. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;5/13/96, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p47
Reports on the growing popularity of portobello mushrooms in restaurants all over the United States. Characteristics of portobellos that make them attractive for customers; Variety of ways that portobellos are cooked and served; Background on how the mushrooms are grown.
- Mushroom Mania. Boorstin, Sharon // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan2001, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p76
Focuses on mushroom cookery. Types of mushrooms which are commonly found in restaurant menus; Information on portobello mushrooms; Details on the different preparations for the portobello mushrooms.
- Wild muschrooms on toast. // Caterer (2055-7817);10/17/2014, p46
A recipe for London's The Social Eating House's wild mushrooms on toast is presented.
- Mushrooms. // Good Housekeeping;Nov2011, Vol. 252 Issue 11, p155
A recipe for mixed mushroom pasta is presented along with instructions on how to clean and season mushrooms.
- fresh food UPDATE. // Australian Women's Weekly;Sep2015, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p183
The article offers information on mushrooms including cooking mushrooms in small batches and single layer until golden brown as overcrowding steams mushrooms, preparing mushrooms by removing excess dirt with a pastry brush and storing them in paper bags in crisper section of fridge.
- gastrogays. // Gay Times (09506101);Sep2015, p133
A recipe for Autumnal Stuffed Mushrooms is presented.
- Caterer loves. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/19/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4447, p42
This article presents information on mushroom cookery in Great Britain. Although the heavy rains in August were met by most of us with moans and groans, mushroom lovers were rubbing their hands with glee. There are around 6,000 types of mushroom to be found in the countryside, ranging from the...
- Play That Fungi Music. Beech, Hannah // Time International (Asia Edition);5/24/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 20, p38
The article focuses on a wide variety of mushrooms available in Yunnan, China. The region is located next to Burma, Laos and Vietnam, and reportedly possesses the largest number of flora, fauna and ethnic minorities. It also boasts 850 varieties of edible mushroom, such as the porcini,...
- In the Moonlight of Morning. Snodgrass, Lucie L. // Vegetarian Times;Oct2004, Issue 325, p104
Presents an article on looking for edible mushrooms in the suburb of New York City. Types of mushroom; Common names of mushroom; Details of some mushroom cookery.