- TO OFFSET CUSTOMER TRAFFIC: Stony Brook mulls kiosks. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the condition of the food service sector at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York as of February 15, 2003. Plans of foodservice officials for the hospital's food servicing unit; Consideration for the use of kiosks as an alternative to cafeteria.
- A `STOP' FOR SRS: California hospital is open to the public. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Features the Le Cafe hospital cafeteria of Simi Valley Hospital in California. Quality of food and description of the atmosphere; Category of the menu; Remarks from patients.
- In Employee/Visitor Cafeteria: CA hosp. aims for `homey.'. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p20
Provides information on the redecorating project at Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale, California in 1999 to refresh its employee-visitor cafeteria. Description of the cafeteria; Aim of the redecoration project.
- Hospital Shutters Retail Program. // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p19
The article reports on the closing of the cafeteria at the Grand River Hospital in Kitchener, Ontario and will be replaced by a Subway and a larger Tim Hortons Inc. run by the volunteer association of the hospital.
- Scramble system speeds traffic. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p21
Cites the improved services at the renovate cafeteria of Jackson Madison County General Hospital in Jackson, Tennessee. Scramble system; Addition of a Heart Healthy Bar; Smoothie and capuccino machines; Panini grill; Deli section; Portable kiosk with continental breakfast items; Increased...
- Coffee klatching with cafeteria cronies. Crans, Fred W. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting different characters in different hospital cafeterias.
- Turkey to-go. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p125
Focuses on the variety of turkey-based food items offered at foodservice facilities in the United States. Utilization of turkey's home-cooked tradition as a hot entree; Boneless white-meat turkey breast as the top choice in non-commercial foodservice; Use of turkey for patient meals as a...
- A menu 'regular'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p136
Features popular turkey entrees at hospital food service facilities in the United States. Morrison Health Care residents' preference for homestyle turkey; Turkey barbecue and turkey chili at the Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pennsylvania; Mary Washington Hospital's commitment to use only...
- RWJ EATERY CRANKS UP SALES. // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the growth posted by Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey on food service sales since it opened its cafeteria named The Dining Room in September 2002. Cost of the cafeteria opened; Comments from Tony Almeida, director of food and nutrition; Range of...