Thinking out of the box
- New 'twists' for Tom. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p126
Reports on the turkey meal and sandwich offerings provided by food service operators serving business and industrial (B&I) establishments in the United States. Carved turkey and turkey wrap sandwiches as daily options on B&I menus; Huge demand for carved-to-order turkey at Lackmann's; Sodexho...
- Turkey to-go. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p125
Focuses on the variety of turkey-based food items offered at foodservice facilities in the United States. Utilization of turkey's home-cooked tradition as a hot entree; Boneless white-meat turkey breast as the top choice in non-commercial foodservice; Use of turkey for patient meals as a...
- A menu 'regular'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p136
Features popular turkey entrees at hospital food service facilities in the United States. Morrison Health Care residents' preference for homestyle turkey; Turkey barbecue and turkey chili at the Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pennsylvania; Mary Washington Hospital's commitment to use only...
- Addressing seafood issues. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p64
Features several chefs and food service directors and discusses the seafood issues which they face in the U.S. as of May 15, 2003. Sylvia Oliveira, executive chef of Bon Appetit; Russell DeCesare, corporate executive chef for Sodexho Corporate Services; Steven Jason, vice president and...
- THE LOBBY. // Community Banker;Nov2007, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p14
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics including the percentage growth in the use of self-service technology by U.S. consumers in 2006, the average income of Americans in 2005 and the consumption of turkey per person in 2006.
- RETRO CHICK. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;2/1/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p52
Focuses on the preference of food service consumers and restaurants for chicken and turkey dishes in the U.S. Estimated amount of chicken to be consumed in the food service in 2003; Increase in volume of turkey used in the food service; Procedure for making the chicken dish served at the...
- NATIONAL TURKEY FEDERATION'S VIRTUAL MENU 2003. // Restaurant Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 20, p61
The article presents information on National Turkey Federation's Virtual Menu 2003. The menu unveils current turkey trends in food service operations from independents to national chains.
- Turkey talks the talk. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p84
Focuses on the popularity of turkey meat in universities and colleges in the United States. Recipes; Nutritional value.
- TURKEY AWAY FROM HOME. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p91
Focuses on the turkey dishes being offered by food service operators in the United States. Percentage of operators who serve whole turkeys to their customers; Suggested turkey dishes for customers; Details on the turkey products offered at the Great Valley School District in Malvern, Pennsylvania.