Serving new twists
- Asian Cuisine in America. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p39
The article focuses on the Asian cuisine that non-commercial foodservice operators offer to their customers. In the University of Notre Dame's South Dining Hall, a Mongolian barbecue range runs seven days a week. At Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, food and beverage manager...
- Asian Inroads. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p109
Focuses on the inclusion of Oriental dishes to United States college campuses' foodservice menus. Chinese dishes offered at Villanova University; Signs of the emerging acceptance of Oriental dishes; In-house brand introduced by California State University.
- Demographics drive demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p124
Focuses on the growing popularity of Asian dishes in college campuses across the United States. Chinese dishes served at Villanova University in Pennsylvania; Comments from university food service directors; Specialties served at Dakota State University.
- Turkey talks the talk. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p84
Focuses on the popularity of turkey meat in universities and colleges in the United States. Recipes; Nutritional value.
- Talking turkey--to students. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p92
Focuses on the turkey dishes offered by food service operators in universities and colleges in the United States. Benefits of eating turkey; Reasons for the popularity of turkey dishes; Purpose of cooking the turkey's stuffing separately.
- Expanding the Asian Empire. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;2/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p54
This article reports on the increasing popularity of Asian cuisine across the U.S. and how schools and healthcare institutions try to incorporate more Asian food in their kitchens. A dining services director in a university even plans to hire Asian celebrity chefs to work with and train staff in...
- From Kansas to Nepal. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p42
The article deals with the introduction of Asian flavors to the dishes being served at University of Kansas in Lawrence. It describes the foods of Nepal prepared by Janna Traver, the assistant director and executive chef at the university. Traver shares the importance of combining the exotic...
- Asian brand debuts at Univ. of N. Hampshire. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p16
Features the Asian Creations food station at the University of New Hampshire in Durham. Average number of customers daily; Color and variety of Asian cuisine served at the food station; Style of cooking used; Plans for additional menu items.
- Getting the full experience. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on Asian food served at college or university campuses in the United States. Ways of serving Asian foods; Types of sushi roll at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst; Stir-fries at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire.