THE BIGGEST MARKET BUZZ: FAIR TRADE COFFEE
- P&G Gives Millstone Coffee a $12M Jolt. Reyes, Sonia // Brandweek;9/24/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the print advertisement by Procter & Gamble Co. for Millstone Coffee Inc. in September 2001. Personalities featured in the advertisement; Description of the print ads; Aim of the print advertising; Target market.
- P&G's Millstone battles Starbucks in Chi. test. Neff, Jack // Advertising Age;10/20/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 42, p8
Reports on the advertising campaign by Procter & Gamble Co. for Millstone coffee in Chicago. How Millstone coffee competes with Starbucks Coffee Co. coffee in supermarkets in Chicago; The advertising campaign using blind taste tests in supermarkets.
- Coffee Talk. Sampey, Kathleen // Adweek Midwest Edition;11/01/99, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p90
Describes the advertisement created by D'Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles for the Millstone whole-bean coffee of Procter & Gamble. Estimated value, tagline and emphasis of the advertisement; Consumers targeted by the advertisement; Ranking of Millstone on the category sales through July 1999...
- Just java. // Earth Island Journal;Winter2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the move of Procter & Gamble to sell Fair Trade Certified coffee products through its Millstone division. Reaction of small-scale coffee farmers to the company's decision; Agreement of advocacy groups to suspend their campaigns against the corporation; Importance of Fair Trade to...
- Coffee talk. Sampey, Kathleen // Adweek Eastern Edition;11/1/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p3
Describes the print, radio and television campaign of Procter & Gamble Co's Millstone Coffee Inc. product created by D'Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles Inc.; Campaign theme and tag line; Industry ranking of the product.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p81
Reports on developments concerning the suppliers to foodservice operators in the United States. Launching of a recipe contest by Hillshire Farm; Details of the multiyear contract of PepsiCo Inc. with Big Boy Restaurants International LLC; Donation of Millstone Coffee to the Culinary Institute...
- Grounds for success. Weinstein, Bob // Entrepreneur;Jul1995, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p100
Features Phil Johnson, founder and president of Millstone Coffee Inc. Sale of gourmet coffee beans to supermarkets; Johnson's founding of the business; Success of business.
- Heroes. LaVecchia, Gina // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun2000, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on the charitable works of the food service industry in the United States. Selection of Make-A-Wish Foundation as the official corporate charity of Johnnie's New York Pizzeria and Caffe; Donations of Denny's and Millstone Coffee to America's Second Harvest foundation; Funds raised by...
- Survivor's Burnett, et al, Spice Up Coffee Adventures for Millstone. Dolbow, Sandra // Brandweek;09/18/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p16
Provides information on the scheduled October 2000 launch of a print advertising campaign for the Millstone Coffee brand of Procter & Gamble. Focus of the campaign; Use of celebrities in the campaign; Magazines which will feature the print advertisements.