MEAT, FROZEN, CANNED FOOD GAIN: Market Basket up 1.84% in 3rd qtr
- DUE TO COMMODITY, PRODUCE DROPS: 1st. qtr. prices down 1.99%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p86
Reports the status of food prices in the United States as of the first quarter of the year 2000. Percentage decrease in prices; Basis for the decrease in prices; Details on the prices of seafood meat, frozen and canned foods.
- 3rd-Quarter Prices Stay Ahead of 2004's. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p32
This article reports the decline in prices of food in the FoodService Director Market Basket Index in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2005. The meat category dropped 2.52% from last quarter, reflecting a decrease in all sectors. The seafood index moved up 1.92% while the frozen food index...
- Pork fuels 3rd-quarter rise in market index. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p40
Reports on the U.S. food category prices posted by the "Foodservice Director" (FSD) magazine market index for the third quarter ended October 2004. Comparison of the third quarter category prices in 2003 and 2004; Increase in the FSD wholesale price index for meat, frozen food and canned market...
- SEPTEMBER'S GOAL: Eat More Fish. HOLLAND, KIMBERLY; MEYERS, KATE // Cooking Light;Sep2012, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p64
The article looks at integrating seafood into one's diet. Topics include using canned and frozen seafood, learning about seafood sustainability labels, and the best way to cook fish to avoid overcooking. Author Barton Seaver discusses shopping for fish with his father when Seaver was a child,...
- BUT LOW INFLATION CONTINUES: Higher prices are on the way. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p78
Presents updates on food prices in the United States as of July 2000. Wholesale price index for meat; Percentage of decrease in wholesale frozen food index; Wholesale price index for canned foods.
- 1999 vs. 1998: Prices Down 1.56%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p98
Presents updates on the price indexes for various food items in the United States as of January 15, 2000. Meat; Canned foods; Frozen foods; Commodities.
- QUICK MEALS FROM CANS. // Ebony;Sep1954, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p84
The article discusses procedures on how to prepare delicious meals from frozen and canned foods.
- Is Frozen Better Than Fresh? Haspel, Tamar // Self;Dec99, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p87
Talks about the nutritional value and taste of canned and frozen food as compared to fresh food. Vegetables that gain flavor when canned; Fruit that maintains taste against the rigors of canning; What is usually added to canned or frozen food.
- KITCHEN NOTEBOOK: ingredients. Lear, Jane Daniels // Gourmet;Apr2000, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p146
Provides information on several frozen and canned exotic products. Availability of flat plastic packets of frozen fruit pulp; Brands recommended for canned mango; Insight on yuca.