MIMI WANG, MARY MANNING WALSH HOME: Keeping diets in balance, fsd focuses 'quality of life' issues
- SERVING TIME CUT 40 MINS.: Weinberg Village overhauls meal services. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the improvements in food quality at Weinberg Village, an assisted living facility housed on the campus of Jewish Community Center in Tampa, Florida. Improvement in food quality and service; Changes in service structure; Per-day food costs at the facility.
- She Means Business. // Restaurant Business;03/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p24
Provides information on several women executives in the foodservice industry in the United States. Anne Kearney, owner of Peristyle; Valerie Daniels-Carter, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of V&J Holdings; Patricia Crull, vice president and officer-in-charge of learning and...
- Fantastic food, clean kitchens are top of the list for retired California couple. Elan, Elisa // Nation's Restaurant News;3/10/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p70
The article describes the food service of an assisted-living facility in San Jose, California chosen by a man named Bill for his mother and father, who are 78 and 80 years old, respectively. According to the author, the senior couple, who are very picky people when it comes to food, are very...
- Dale Venturini. Doss, Lori // Nation's Restaurant News;4/8/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p52
Focuses on the career of Dale Venturini, president of the International Society of Restaurant Association Executives and chief executive and president of Rhode Island Hospitality and Tourism Association in the U.S. Recollection of biggest challenge in career; Contribution to the food service...
- Assisted-living facility lends a helping hand. // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the food service provided by The Bridges at Bent Creek assisted-living facility to Bent Creek Crossings in Mechnicsburg, Pennsylvania as of October 15, 2005. The assisted-living facility has increased weekly sales by 15% since it started offering meals to Bent Creek...
- Room Service Implemented at Transitional Care Unit. // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the implementation of the room service program at the 42-bed transitional care unit of St. Gertrude's Health and Rehabilitation Center in Shakopee, Minnesota which provides satisfaction to patients while reducing the costs of the dining services team.
- Future opportunities for FSDs. // Food Management;Mar1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p12
Presents a graph showing the employment projections for food service directors (FSDs) up to the year 2006.
- Just desserts. // Food Management;May99, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p112
Focuses on developments related to food service. Holding of the annual Cooper's Hill cheese rolling competition in London, England in 1999; Tips on cooking calf's head; Rating of dietitians in the United States relative to other jobs based on income, stress, physical demands, job growth and...
- Reaching out to a new generation of FSDs. Lawn, John // Food Management;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the efforts of the author to guide new college dietitian graduates into a career opportunities in the food service industry in the United States. Employment in public relations firms to help create marketing materials and strategies; School nutrition; Responsibilities facing...